9W CFL Candle Bulb v 40W Incandescent

I thought I ought to try out CFLs in the lounge candle fittings.
Today I bought a 9W lamp from B&Q and put it into a fitting which also
has a standard 40W opal lamp in the other holder. Both have shades.
Immediately after switch on there was a very noticeable difference,
however after about 90 seconds the brightness was comparable.
I will see how long it takes for the family to comment!
Reply to
John

Site Timeline Threads

  • site's last updated in