9W CFL Candle Bulb v 40W Incandescent

I thought I ought to try out CFLs in the lounge candle fittings.

Today I bought a 9W lamp from B&Q and put it into a fitting which also has a standard 40W opal lamp in the other holder. Both have shades.

Immediately after switch on there was a very noticeable difference, however after about 90 seconds the brightness was comparable.

I will see how long it takes for the family to comment!

Reply to
John