Low cost pressure washer to stop moss ingress

Looking to buy a pressure washer at the cheaper end of the market. Its use would be to periodically clean around the crack and crevices of our car that doesn't see a lot of use these days. I can only think the green moss like growth growing in the cracks is doing no good at all.

It seems the market leader (ie most common )is Karcher, and Currys do a Karcher K2 compact model at 79, pressure is 110 bar.

Would this be as good as any to get, or would anyone recommend something else? Thanks.

Reply to
T Blake

T Blake scribbled...

Be careful with a powerwasher on a car, you can force water into places where you can't dry it out and it'll start the rusting process.

Reply to
Jabba

Even more entertaining is when you use one in Winter, and it drives the salt deep into the panel joints and past the water-keeping-out bits round the bearings.

Reply to
John Williamson

Thanks. Any other better suggestions then, on how to get the green moss out of the tiny spaces?

Reply to
T Blake

spray it with wet and forget (a sort of moss killer) and the growth will stop, using a soft brush and running water will clean out the residue.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

T Blake scribbled...

Same as you do on a path - bleach with a brush & bucket or soft garden spray.

Reply to
Jabba

I use a washing up brush.

Reply to
nemo

I always use the pressure washer, never had any rusting problems in 20 years.

Reply to
Capitol

In message , T Blake writes

We are plagued. Our car sits outside, beneath trees overhanging from our neighbour's garden. I clean the moss and general green stuff from the car with warm water and an old toothbrush. Takes a little time, but I only bother twice a year.

Reply to
News

Eastern European car wash; 6UKP, 20 minutes - job done!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Well, yes, if we had Eastern European car washes. We don't even have those annoying wash-your-windscreen-at-the-traffic-lights types, either. Probably because we don't have traffic lights. Or Belisha beacons, or roundabouts. A major traffic jam is two cars waiting behind a third :-)

Reply to
News

Crikey - you obviously never drive to Aberdeen. That has some of the worst traffic jams anywhere. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Agreed. I avoid Aberdeen at all costs. Getting to the centre is OK on rare occasions if timed right, but, to be honest, I don't drive very often. Between us, we manage 5-6k miles a year, of which I may drive

25%. Having said that, we're driving south to see family soon, and that is 500 miles each way, most of which I'll probably drive.
Reply to
News

If I see more than two or three other cars during a 10 mile drive I start to wonder if there's an event on somewhere they're going to.

David, Aberdeenshire

Reply to
Dave Baker

Enough already! I'm pissed off with the weather as it is!

I leave in a town that is predicted to be the first place a true grid- lock will happen.

Chris, Berkshire.

Reply to
Chris Whelan

And if you saw a convertible with the hood down, it would be *the* summer day. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In Aberdeen it's wet or windy and wet. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But at least it kept the midges away.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

if you can't see the church it must be raining, if you can see it then its about to rain (or something like that)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Reply to
The Medway Handyman