Low cost pressure washer to stop moss ingress

More cobblers :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The Medway Handyman

It's only 3.99 UKP where I go, but the chiseling b******s never give me the 1p change. :-)

Reply to
Gordon H

Where d'you get those super .sig lines? ;-)

Reply to
Gordon H

I put my pressure washer of wifes Fiesta ... and it took all the paint off :-(

Reply to
Rick Hughes

My local one is 4 quid. But I always chuck him a fiver.

Reply to
SteveH

You're not supposed to use the Tornado nozzle ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

What about the time driving and a couple of Hundred quid on fuel and ferries to get there and back.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Some have settings and it isn't compulsory to always use full blast, I used to pressure wash the dog, first time was accidental when the silly bugger started to bite the jet of water. After that it became a game, in fact he was a nuisance as you couldn't risk full pressure with him nearby. But for cars I've found that while useful for shifting thick mud pressure washers always leave a film of dirt that needs wiping off. Might as well use a hose and sponge in most circumstances.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg
[...]

LOL!

Don't know where in the UK you are, but around here you don't have to travel far to feel you are abroad...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Same here, there are three hand car washes that I know of within a short walk distance, all staffed by East Europeans. All cheap, good standard of work, friendly and quick. There is also a good quality automatic car wash that often has a 99p option, which is very convenient and cheaper than diy, again staffed by E. Europeans. There are at least 7 houses in my road that have Bosnian, Polish or Letts in them, out of 50 houses!

Reply to
Mrcheerful

If a pressure washer took it off - it was going to fall off anyway.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman
[...]

True, but the more powerful washers on the highest setting can remove the paint work's lacquer coating, de-laminate number-plates, and cause localised damage to tyre side walls.

Luckily, I have only experienced the first two... ;-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Lol, you funny. There are no open top convertibles up here. The little ginger locals burst into flame in direct sunlight.

Reply to
Dave Baker
[...]

Heh!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I do that on cold winter days...

Reply to
Gordon H

Oh no they can't!

There is no way on Gods earth that a pressure washer can remove a lacquer coat - unless it was incorrectly applied in the first place.

Same goes for number plates & tyres.

I spent 30 years selling pressure washers up to 250 bar and not only have I never experienced these problems, I've never heard of a proven case.

250 bar will cut a breeze block in half.
Reply to
The Medway Handyman
[...]

So are you saying that something powerful enough to cut a breeze block in half won't remove a lacquer coat?

I promise you hand on heart that a top-range, but domestic Karcher removed great chunks of lacquer from the front bumper of my Focus, owned by me from new.

BTW, the independent repairer who repainted the bumper for me, and who had a similar length of experience in his job as you had selling pressure washers, told me that it was a quite common occurrence.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I'm sceptical, too.

Which, of course, doesn't mean it hadn't been repainted...

Reply to
Adrian

Yes, categorically. How do hand car washes survive? How come all car rental firms don't have the problem? Or main dealers?

Then it wasn't applied properly.

Then there must be a lot of bodged lacquer application.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman