Pressure Washer purchase sugg

Looking for a basic gas powered pressure washer on a limited budget. Recommendations on:

  1. Lowes - Troy Bilt 2450 psi 6.5hp Briggs & Stratton engine, 25ft hose. 4

  1. BJ's - Karcher 2400 psi 5.0hp Honda engine, 50ft hose. 9. - read several on the karcher pumps going bad in a google search?

Maybe something else? Would like to stay in the $250 - $300 range, gas powered for general cleaning of cement around a pool, patio, muddy garage floor from the dogs, etc.

Thanks!

Reply to
Ron P

I have used the troy built ones before and for occasional homowner use they are fine. I would avoid Karcher. Just make sure to: run it out of gas when done and unit may sit for a long time, run clean water thru the chemical pickup to clean it after every use of the chemical pickup, do not let it run very long without having the trigger squeezed it can build up heat.

Reply to
ROBMURR

"Ron P" wrote in :

I got the lesser model and it died after a few hours. I traded up to this one and it has worked fine (I got it about a month ago, and I've used it for about 2 hours straight and a total of about 7 hours so far).

Pick

Reply to
Pick