fence spraining paint

I purchased a spray paint from Lidl recently. they wrote that they would have brown and green paint, in fact there was only brown. so I bought the sprayer. Now looking for paint I find that he price is ridiculous. I could buy new panels at the prices quoted (B&Q). so can I buy it a t a reasonable price elsewhere. Or can I use ordinary "brush" paint?

Reply to
Broadback

i imagine the lidl sprayer is a pump up pressure pot and lance thingy?

i have one of the battery powered jobbies, pump that sucks the paint up and shoves it out a lance with a fan nozzle in the end, but i just use normal cheapo brush on fence paint,

I used the stuff asda sell for 3 quid for a 5 litre tub every so often, (usually 6 quid a tub), and it's runny enough to use in the sprayer directly, but it's all water based nowadays, so if you were to find some thicker fence paint, water it down a little,

I painted all the fences in the garden plus the aviary as i was building with the asda paint, red cedar was the colour i went for, took 2 sprays to get the fence covered properly, but i had a mixture of brand new, old and ancient fence panels, and they all look the same colour now.

Reply to
Gazz

In message , Gazz writes

All the sprayers I've come across - and I did ask Cuprinol - only take water based paints and conversely all the water base paints can be sprayed - provided they have not been subjected to frost.

Reply to
bert