The best car wash/wax?

Every 3 years or so I purchase a 5 litre bottle of car wash/wax.

Today I have finished my most recent one, which is (was) Turtle Zip Wax.

All I know is this product is inferior to whatever I used last time. Problem is....I can't remember what I used last time because it was 3 or 4 years ago!

So before I go shopping does anybody have an opinion on what is the best all in one car wash/wax product? Simoniz, Car Plan? Halfords own brand? Something else?

David

Reply to
Vortex3

"Vortex3" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Blimey, talk about a big question...

Adrian

Mer is brilliant stuff.

Reply to
John

Has to be McGuires

Reply to
Angela

Vortex3 coughed up some electrons that declared:

Autoglym without doubt. Not that I've tried many brands. Stopped searching after I found the aforementioned product. Shampoo is very effective.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

"Collinite 476" was mentioned recently in uk.rec.cars.maintenance - by the sounds of it, it's good enough to only need doing once a year (!)

If I ever get a new car, it's what i'm going for :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson

What's the car washing thing? Doesn't it rain where you are? In the winter I occasionally scrap the mud/salt off the lights and number plates but that's all.

Having said that it does get a wash and vac every 12,000 miles when it is serviced by the dealers. But TBH I rather have a twenty quid off the bill...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Autoglym is a well established & trusted brand used by many professional car valeters. Never used their shampoo, but everything else I have used has been great.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Hi,

I used to own a series 1 rs turbo which I used to show in the concours class. The best polish I came across was meguairs. It works brilliant one black paint as most don't. Also it makes the shine appear a lot deeper.

Anthony

Reply to
Anthony Birch

Something else.

Wax in the washing water gets on the windscreen etc and is a pain. Better to keep the two jobs separate. A decent 'wax' done after washing will last much longer too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)