Subject Author Posted Replies

Most cost effective heating for shed and stove.
Following on from a couple of recent threads, and using as a reference. John Runn said "If you fitted heatpump aircon instead, then it would be a third to a quarter of the price for normal resistive...
26
26

Mira shower recommendation needed
In my last place I had a Mira Magna shower that I fitted myself. It had a " digital mixer" which blended hot water from the cylinder and cold water fro m a tank in the loft and pumped it to the shower...
21
21

OT: Thing in field
Cant easily get down the embankment from canal towpath to investigate the thing. Triangular base and sides about 1 metre (guessed), open front - maybe a few pebbles chucked in it. Any ideas?
19
19

SAD lights?
Anyone got any experience, or made one? Changes in my dog pack mean they gradually have needed less walking over the past couple of years and I had assumed my declining energy levels were just ageing....
24
24

TV update my knowledge
I have a TV in the kitchen that is not receiving Freeview verey well. I am in a poor reception area and I don't want to have a new aerial instalation as I don't want to add any cables. I have Virgin...
10
10

What does this overflow pipe connect to below the cistern?
I need to replace my existing overflow pipe in my toilet cistern, the bottom end has split. Screwfix have something similar to what I need:- ... but it's not clear how it connects below the cistern....
3
3

building control for windows
Plan is to gradually replace the sliding sashes at the front of our Victori an terraced house. There are 7 openings and, for logistical reasons, I'm go ing to do a couple at a time. I can collect the...
15
15

Just a comment
If somebody calls themselves Known trouble maker it might not be a very good way to have your messages read. I used to have some handles as the CBers used to call them, and they are OK on frivolous...
15
15

ES a bit behind again
Up to date only till yesterday. Brian
9
9

Central heating airlock?
History: All was ok previously, I then decorated one room and took 2 rads off, reinstalled the rads and the rads do heat up, I bled off some air after a couple of weeks. The rads still heat up....
14
14

imaginary things
Is the centre of gravity of an object imaginary? Bill
9
9

Lightweight filler
I need to fill a pretty deep hole in the ceiling. With one fill if at all possible. Ideally, just some filler that you bung up, and it stays in place. Any suggestions for the best one for the job (or...
15
15

Laptop Video screen capture
Can anyone suggest free or low cost software for grabbing live video with sound off a laptop screen as it is playing? Doesn't have to be spectacular quality. I've used VSDC Free Screen Recorder in the...
2
2

Black Friday/ Cyber Monday SSD deals? - X-post
Oh, and any 1TB external USB drives. Google is throwing up one at Argos for under £50 but my Googling is often unreliable. Cheers Dave R
12
12

Neighbour has dug up the alleyway between our houses
My neighbour has dug up the alleyway between our houses and says it is for a water supply direct to his house - he had not approached me prior - not only do I now have no access to the back but am...
4
4