B&Q leyland paint

Nine tenths of the way through a painting job I ran out of paint so a quick trip to B&Q 5 minutes away and I returned with a 10l plastic tub of Leyland white silk emulsion (£16)
I don't know how long that they have had the stock but the plastic lid was so brittle that it was impossible to remove without it breaking! As soon as any slight pressure was applied to remove the lid from the tub it split and bits fell off.
I still had a 10L finished tub where the lid was still flexible. Unfortunately this older lid was approx 5mm smaller in diameter so I had to decant the new paint to the old tub.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

Probably more of an issue of unheated and uncooled storage than just age. Cheap plastic used for the lid, etc. Brian
--
----- --
On 21/10/2018 17:12, alan_m wrote:

Is there a batch number? I might ask Leyland the age and provide them with the symptoms.
On 22/10/2018 09:41, Fredxx wrote:

Brilliant White Silk Emulsion 10L FN9893317 M17098
The paint was OK just the lid om the container was a PITA
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk