Cleaning Paint Off Brickwork

Hi,

There are some bricks (Accrington Red) all around the front door externally. This would be a nice feature except that someone has painted them with white gloss paint.

What is the best and easiest way to remove the paint without damaging the bricks?

Thanks, Howard.

Reply to
HJWD

The best way to clean paint off bricks without damaging them is with a chemical paint remover, is it a large area? if not nitromorse should do the trick the less force/abrasion used the better the result, the mortar may need repointing afterwards. If it is a large area of brickwork a good decorating contractor would be able to advise on chemical stripping as there may be enviromental issues with using chemical stripper over a large area.

Reply to
andrewd909

Thanks Andrew.

No it is not such a large area. I will look into the nitromorse option and maybe do a test area?

Cheers, Howard.

Reply to
HJWD

When you've done that you might consider checking our Nitromors too :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

It had to happen, didn't it - one typo begets another :-) Of course what I meant to say was "When you've done that you might consider checking out Nitromors too" :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

It takes a thief to catch a thief! ;-)

Reply to
HJWD

Hi,

Yesterday I cleaned the paint off the bricks using a scraper (took 4 hours!) and the transformation is amazing!

The front of the house now looks great!

I did buy nitromors but found the paint to be quite brittle so I used the scraper instead. Though, I neded the nitromors to remove paint from some stonework.

Cheers, Howard.

Reply to
HJWD