Interior paint on an exterior door?

My front door is on a porch, recessed about 5 feet from the front of the porch. Rain doesn't touch it and it is only exposed to sunlight for a couple of hours during the winter. (It's a southern-facing house.) There is also a storm/screen door attached.

Would there be any reason I couldn't use interior paint to paint the front door? I would use a bright white latex semi-gloss.

In case you're curious, I'm only asking because I have this paint left over from another project.

Thanks in advance,

Reply to
Suzie-Q

Yes, there is. Interior paints are not flexible enough to cope with temperature extremes. Unless you're fortunate enough to live in an area where there's not a huge difference between nighttime temperatures in the winter, and daytime temps in the summer, interior paint will crack and peel.

It's not worth it. You'll wind up repainting it in a couple of years. Just buy a quart of a good-quality exterior paint. It's not *that* expensive.

Reply to
Doug Miller