Maybe ask the paint store manager how likely the paint is to fail in your climate?

Reply to
Ralph Monroe

Any warranty on their work?

I can't see why you would need to replace the doors. Worst case is that the doors will need to be repainted sooner.

However, if you can get them back to fix it (or give you your money back) you have a couple of options.

1 - Strip the doors down to bare wood/fiberglass/steel, then prime and paint with exterior products.

2 - Prime over the interior paint and re-paint with the correct product.

#1 is basically a guaranteed fix - assuming it is done correctly.

#2 might last just as long, if the interior paint doesn't fail. If the interior paint was done correctly, it might even be able to act as the primer for the exterior paint. Perhaps scuff it up, prime again to be extra safe and then paint with the correct product.

The more you know about what is on the door now and how the door was prepped the better. If they used the wrong paint, I'd be concerned about their prep work.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

That would be my solution as long as it was not peeling or other issues.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Why is it that you, who keeps telling people to ignore the trolls, is complicit in helping to turn the rare thread that is actually on topic in a.h.r into a political discussion?

You just couldn't help yourself, could you?

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

The comment from Monroe did not help. It was uncalled for.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Of course it was uncalled for. That's what trolls do. And in this case (s)he's sitting back and laughing because Bob took the bait, now Karen joined the political debate, and you and I are discussing the "comment" and not Cory's paint problem.

Had Bob ignored it (like he tells others to do) I wouldn't have mentioned it (I accept blame for that), you wouldn't have responded to me and Karen would have maybe kept its mouth shut. Unless of course Karen is Monroe.

In any case, a complete win for the troll(s).

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Did you two appoint yourselves the alt.home.repair moderators? Go back and read my original reply. It contained on-topic material.

Did you see "Maybe ask the paint store manager how likely the paint is to fail in your climate?"

Climate is big factor in paint failure. Humidity, sun and rain exposure, and daily temperature swings are all climate factors.

Reply to
Ralph Monroe

+1

I would put two coats of exterior on it now. With that over the interior paint it should be fine. Without it interior paint isn't going to hold up very well.

Reply to
trader_4

This is my kind of neighbor.

We might need some home repair tips to spackle some bullet holes but worth it if he takes out the democrat intruders.

God bless military vets!

Reply to
Ralph Monroe

If that guy was really concerned about not dying, about not winding up arrested, not having a civil suit that leaves his family bankrupt, etc, he should have stayed inside and called the cops. That also might have resulted in the perps being caught instead of fleeing. He also could have wound up with a neighbor hit in the ensuing gun battle, neighbor's seeking damages for cars hit, etc. IMO, it's just not worth it when you're not in immediate danger, just call the cops.

Reply to
trader_4

Yes, it did. In addition you had to make a snarky comment about immigration and politics. Once you do that, you are open to other comments. The OP made no mention of who the original painter was.

No moderation intended, just a comment on your comment. You opened the door.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski