dishwasher steam

I just replaced a dishwasher. And I noticed that the countertop underneath where the dishwasher screws into is starting to flake away. It seems that the steam has loosened the pressboard there. Is there anything I can use to cover the flaking wood that would not itself be affected by the steam and would seal the wood? Polyurethane, maybe?

TIA, Eric

Reply to
Eric Chomko

Two or three coats of poly should to it. Particalboards is not moisture resistant at all so anything that makes a barrier would help

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

: > TIA, : > Eric

: Two or three coats of poly should to it. Particalboards is not moisture : resistant at all so anything that makes a barrier would help

Thanks, Edwin.

Just needed to hear an echo of my own thoughts.

Have a nice holiday,

Eric

Reply to
Eric Chomko