Need to move disposal to another sink????

Hello experts,

I have a to move a Kenmore garbage disposal to another sink and am having trouble figuring out the way to do it. If I grab the body of the disposal and rotate, it squeaks suggesting that there is a rubber seal there. I loosened the three screws and see that they force the drain unit down into place, when installing. What comes apart and where?

Help much appreciated.

TIA

Rua

Reply to
Madra Rua

You can find your answer here.

Frank K.

Thanks to all for the very helpful replies.

With a few taps of a soft hammer I had it off. Now I have installed the drain unit in the new sink and will have to attach the disposal to that. Will the force required to attach the disposal disturb the drain unit that is embedded in putty and tightened up. I will apply silicone to the surfaces to minimize friction.

TIA

Rua

Madra Rua

My thanks to all for the info.

It was exactly what I needed.

A few taps of a soft hammer and the disposal was off. I smeared a little silicone on the top, so putting it on the new sink was "kid stuff."

Have a great weekend.

Thanks again.

Rua

Madra Rua

I have replied twice already to these three responses but neither has appeared.

Many thanks to Frank, Thundr and Jeff for your information. I was able to separate the disposal with a few blows of a soft hammer. Then I cleaned off the plastic top and smeared on a little silicone lubricant. With that, it was extremely easy to get it back on, once the new sink was installed.

Thanks again for your efforts. You saved my head a lot of scratching ;-)

Rua

From: "jeff" Subject: Re: Need to move disposal to another sink???? Date: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 3:45 AM

Hi,

This might help....

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

Madra Rua

Hello,

Thankx for the update, glad you got the job done!! :)

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

I don't believe this. This is the third time I have posted the message just below. and none has appeared.