bloody digital

hard day on network radio with all that packet latency lag and gaps .....
Yes It will never catch on. I get a more reliable stream from Mushroom FM in NZ than from the BBC these days. Brian
--
----- --

sorry wrong group ....
On 20/10/2018 18:05, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

No we're interested in anything here. Readers' wives, the lot.
Bill
On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 20:09:27 +0100, Bill Wright wrote:

Well said, Bill. :-)
--
Johnny B Good

It's like Facebook for the Faceless.
--
Bill

On 20/10/2018 22:51, Bill wrote:

But at least Clegg isnt running the PR
--
"Nature does not give up the winter because people dislike the cold."

― Confucius

usenet...the last refuge of the slow witted ....
On 21/10/2018 08:51, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

I've met some marvelously intelligent people here.
Of course to balance things out they've met me...
Bill
Yes well have a whinge here, its much more interesting than pollly Ticks. Brian
--
----- --
Jim GM4DHJ wrote:

Presumably this sort of thing?
<
https://youtu.be/C0kDIrLiD6c

https://youtu.be/C0kDIrLiD6c

Which looks like a walkie-talkie but is an android phone in disguise that streams over the internet ...
On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 17:35:58 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."

Is AX.25 still active, or Packet radio in general?
Cheers, T i m
On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 07:54:50 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."

I was and for quite a few years and it was both interesting and useful (pre affordable Internet especially). I could get into GB7HSN (Mottingham) on 2m pretty reliably (Pye Westminster + home made TNC) and then later on 70cms on another ex PMR rig and a Kantronics KPC3 (was it)?

Handy if someone steals the Internet though. ;-)
Cheers, T i m
T i m explained on 22/10/2018 :

Yes KPC3, I still have one in the shack. I also had a high speed link, the Yagi for which I took down a couple of years ago. I also tried to generate interest in getting a 2.4Ghz system set up, using adapted commercial equipment, I even carried out a few successful long distance experiments with 2.4.. Idea was an emergency backbone, should the Internet or telecoms fail.