Subject Author Posted Replies

can i change my stannah 420 chair with another same model 420 still useing same rail
stannah 420 chair
1
1

OT: Marmite
For the Marmite fans among us: I keep meaning to communicate this good news, and forgetting. As you will know only too well, fellows fans, Unilever acquired Marmite in 2000, and some time after that,...
57
57

Maybe OT: change text in .txt doc in response to a specific change on a webpage?
As above, I use windoze but can also implement something in Ubuntu or pytho n possibly, but can anyone give any pointers how o would go about doing thi s? Basically, I i using a bot to trade...
5
5

Content
In the early days of uk.d-i-y the group was a well respected source of knowledge relating to diy jobs and how to do things. Slowly and seemingly inexorably it is/has changing into a haven for posting...
18
18

Liebherr Service Mode
Just added a new item to the Wiki, about my liebherr GN 3356 (GN3365) freezer - hope it is useful to others, as I couldn't find any service manual for this exact model on-line, but other service...
1
1

Aqualisa O-ring trouble
Replacing the cartridge in an early Aqualisa 200, but could not get the rea r o-ring out. Showerdoc is hopelessly optimistic when he says use a crochet hook. Maybe the design changed a bit later,...
24
24

OT: How to count a heart rate
Why have I never noticed this before? I accidentally heard my cat's heartbeat, and realised it was in pairs. So I thought, do you count all of them singly, or the number of pairs? Wikipedia suggests...
29
29

OK So it is not the thermostat..
Fairly ancient Hotpoint fridge over cooling! Replacement thermostat failed to cure. Any suggestions short of calling an engineer?
25
25

Genealogy/Family Tree software
I've been passed some scans of a hand written, hard to read, family tree going back generations and with possibly some gaps between the 11th century and now. I'm not interested in Genealogy, but there...
30
30

B&Q robbing bastards
Just bought a new lawnmower online. ?134 free delivery. If I had ordered it yesterday it would have been here today. Same mower at B&Q - ?162. Bastards!
47
47

Re charger help, electronics, Update
Managed to get both chargers working courtesey of this NG. Charger 1 required a new fuse holder & fuse, old fuse holder wasnt giving continuity. Charger 2 replaced the faulty diode as advised and now...
9
9

OT: Why do cars slope inwards at the sides?
Are car manufacturers trying to make people go on a diet or something? Why do modern cars slope inwards at the sides, giving you less shoulder room? And then they have huge centre consoles so you have...
25
25

Quick question - recycling glass from cooker hood
I am assuming that the glass part of the cooker hood is tempered and melts at a higher temperature than normal soda glass and so is not suitable for recycling. As usual an Internet search seems...
6
6

Problem installing sound bar
I received a Yamaha YAS-107 sound bar to connect to my Samsung UE46S8000U TV, It should just be a simple job of connecting an optical cable or an HDMI one. I have tried both, but get no sound output....
57
57

OT Mogg & Co, Get skates on time!
With profound apologies to the people that dont want to be reminded of the damage being inflicted on the UK. Follow the cash, that's where the answer lies. AB Latest Paradise Papers news, comment and...