Subject Author Posted Replies

52cc Chinese Brushcutter Engine probs
Hi I have a chinese Brushcutter, out of whatever warranty was supplied, yet not used much. The Woodruf Key sot on the drive shaft was badly made, so the key "escaped" damaging the flywheel slot in the...
41
41

Ikea
Watched the first "fly on the wall" programme last night: better than I expected. What I found totally astonishing was that, having decided to commission a new bed/sofa or whatever you decide to...
12
12

Charging a car battery
I've SORNed my car as I'm not going to be able to drive it for a couple of months. No doubt the battery will eventually need a charge but do I really have to disconnect it as current [pun not...
109
109

Cavity temp
These readings are for a cavity wall with no insulation. The external vent is blocked with insulation, cavity RH is continually monitored and varies from 70% - 80%. Indoor temp 18C Cavity temp: 2-3C...
4
4

Suggested Feed For Garage Mancave
Now that the new garage is up I am looking to provide an electricity supply and I am looking for suggestions for the feed. Other than LED lighting pro vided through LED strips the main power draw will...
32
32

OT more news for livers tolie about.
Typical brexiteer MP rubbishes the report without offering any basis for doing so. Government assessments predict the biggest hit for regions that voted to Leave.
59
59

Gridwatch - OCGT ramping up
Is this one of those scenarios with a freezing night and not much wind that we have talked about from time to time? Still quite a bit of headroom on hte coal, but I am assuming somebody got their sums...
3
3

where did all those drill messages suddenly vanish to? `
its one of life, or usenetws or outlook distress, great mysteries! Brian
1
1

Electric car sales
China made more than half of electric car purchases in the third quarter
69
69

Vax guarantee
I'm pleased to be able to report that Vax do honour the six year guarantee on their vacuum cleaners. Bill
3
3

This will upset Harry
Cheddar Man: DNA shows early Briton had dark skin Scientists put a face to Cheddar Man, Britain's oldest complete skeleton from 10,000 years ago.
46
46

Solar panel optimal orientation
I have a solar powered lamp [0] to go in a passageway. The solar panel will be mounted on a West-facing wall (and connected to the lamp by a cable). I'm wondering about the optimal placement of the...
6
6

Short 1mm HS drill bits.
Anyone know of a source of short 1mm HSS drill bits? The same sort of length as the 1/8 shank tungsten types? Which are too brittle to use hand held. Ages ago you could buy 1/8 shank in HSS, but not...
19
19

Plumbing a knot...
It all seemed straight forward in my head... its only when you try and fit hot and cold feeds for two showers, two baths, two basins, and two loos each with service valves into a bit of stud wall you...
13
13

Physics/Torque
Depends how rusty its got in the meantime And how much plastic deformation and creep has happened.
24
24