CH pressure relief valve

When I set the pressure valve on my combi boiler to around 1 to 1.5 bar I get some dripping at the outside pressure relief valve, the pressure will drop to around .25 to .5 over a couple of days and then remain there for long enough, at least a couple of months before I decide it is too low and pressure it back up to around 1.5 bar....and cycle repeats.

Is this an issue or just a faulty pressure gauge (Baxi combi boiler) It has been this way for a couple of years now but I did have a drippy connection at a radiator at one point (now sorted) which I assumed was causing the pressure drop, but not so.

Reply to
ss

Once they have lifted, pressure relief valves sometimes never seat properly again, either because of limescale deposits on the valve or because of erosion on the seat. The *only* answer is to change the valve. A generic one from BES, etc. will fit, just make sure you have the right gender of inlet and outlet ports.

Reply to
newshound

Take your pressure relief valve to bits and check the valve seat etc. It may be fixable by cleaning accumulated crap off.

Reply to
harry

As everything appears to work ok apart from a wrong reading (assumed) on the pressure gauge I think best I leave well alone until the better weather as knowing my luck I will end up with no heating.

Reply to
ss