Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: more Project Fear bollocks
See: The prof who claimed that UK universities would slip down the international rankings admitted to a parliamentary select committee that he'd made it up.
4
4

For the Old Computer types in here
End of an era Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
52
52

40+ year-old cars no longer need a MOT
WOT, No angle grinder? :-)
164
164

OT: Medical pumps and Daylight Saving
SWMBO has a pump fitted to deliver timed doses of Baclofen. Rather annoyingly - despite it being in action for a year - I have no idea whether it "knows" about daylight saving time. It can be...
13
13

handicare minivator stairlift
Does anyone know where I can buy a length of minivator 950+ track
1
1

Keeping an eye on a damp area
We had a slight discolouration in a small area of the bathroom ceiling appear a few months ago. It has I think been correctly traced to wind blown rain making its way under roof tiles, which hopefully...
5
5

Removing dark water stains from wood
Hi All We have some outside cupboards with doors made from cedar. In preparation t o re-oiling them my wife found that oxi-bleech (I think that's what it's ca lled) was a good way to clean them and...
4
4

worried about slime
I kept getting punctures in my bike tyres because of all the hawthorn thorns, so I bought a tube of 'slime'. I put it in the tyres before I read the instructions, unfortunately. When I did read them...
9
9

OT: Feeling Peckish?
This product will slay your appetite (one way or another). You will love Soylent's chocolate protein shake! It is rich and creamy chocolatey goodness of our best selling nutrient-packed complete meal.
6
6

OT: Simple maths question
I heard this on a gameshow: "Answer quickly, what's half of 99?" - Allegedly most people say 44.5. Why? I said 49.5. I halve 100 then take another half off. Or you could halve 90 then add half of 9....
124
124

Conversion of primary heating circuit to unvented
Following on from the earlier thread about "pumping under", I'm seriously considering converting my friend's system to unvented - making it much easier to get the air out, and hopefully solving the...
6
6

Concrete posts
Can I drill into concrete upright post to add upright wooden posts to support feathered fencing? What are the best fixings
11
11

OT To be fair to people in business
If I have to power up a shed with some SWA the wholesalers charge me double the amount for the cable if the shed is 10m away and not 5m away. But there is more to it than that. If you are on fixed...
15
15

Garage door
Two years ago we had a new garage door fitted. The old one was very rusty and at 20 years old, coming to the end of its life. We live in Cornwall and the sea is only 6 miles away which is also the...
8
8

Small trailer cover ideas
Many years ago I made a temporary trailer cover from one of those cheap blue plastic woven sheets, some plastic "bang together" green eyelets and a length of bungee cord. Oh, and Gaffer Tape...
18
18