New cordless Makita (slightly OT)

As long as the coffee does not have lithium in it... Not one for coffee myself. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

newshound laid this down on his screen :

I cannot really see my having a use for that, even if they were to give me one. Another gadget to use twice, then stuff in a cupboard when you get fed up of the faffing.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Hmm, by my calcs to heat a cup (330ml ?) of water through 90C takes 35Wh. Given a fully charged 18V 4Ah cell that should be good for two cups. Think I'll stick to my Thermos full of boiling water thanks.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Oops I didn't think to do that sum; good spot!

Mains powered bean-to-cup machines are wonderful, though.

Reply to
newshound

I hadn?t done the sums but it does seem particularly pointless. I did wonder if it was originally prepared for April Fool?s day?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I don't think so. Seems to be a genuine market for this type of novelty. Plenty of USB powered kettles and toasters still around ready for the unwitting purchaser.

Reply to
Andy Bennet