The North channel ....

well I said couple of years ago that it would happen...I'd like to see a bunch of fuzzy wuzzies get accross the north channel........Belfast the new Calais

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

There is a term I've not heard for many many years. I don't think many people will know what you mean. If you know the real word, by use an obscure one? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

All I know about fuzzy wurries is that they don't like it up 'em.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Yes I think he means people from the 70s who all had permed hair like Gilbert Sullivan and the Stylistics, and even Leo Sayer! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I thought it came from dads army.

and it was Gilbert O'Sullivan .

Perhaps David Essex and the one from the partridge family.

Reply to
whisky-dave

David Cassidy, SIL was mad on him when she was a teenager (wife was more a Donny Osmond fan).

Reply to
soup

Weren't the fuzzy-wuzzies the Sudanese natives we defeated at the battle of Omdurman (but not before they'd captured Khartoum and killed General Gordon)?

Another Dave.

Reply to
Another Dave

Another Dave formulated the question :

Harry Bloomfield

The they don;t like it up 'em. refers to this.

whisky-dave