Re-using an old bath

I've removed an old iron bath. What could I use it for or must I smash it up and take the bits to the tip?

george

Reply to
George Miles

Outdoor Jacuzzi?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

They can be refurbished (enamellwise) hence are quite valuable.

Reply to
harry

Loads for £10 collection-only on eBay, and lots of unsold ones at "hopeful" prices (unless it's a roll-top).

Reply to
Andy Burns

Only fancy baths with fancy feet etc seem to be worth more than a tenner, before postage

[g]

Reply to
George Miles

A unique planter? A custom designed art project?

I guess it depends what stat its in!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Is it really iron, or just pressed steel? Roll top cast iron look nice when taken out of the frame, especially if they have proper claw feet.

Cast iron is *very heavy* and surprisingly difficult to break up with a sledge hammer. And that won't work at all for steel!

Reply to
newshound

I dont know if its iron or steel [g]

Reply to
George Miles

steel ones are about 3mm thickness, iron typically double that.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Some do fill them with dirt and grow stuff in them, in the backyard.

Reply to
Jac Brown

Easy enough to tell from the shape and finish, once the back side is exposed. If you can lift one end on your own, it is steel :-)

Reply to
newshound

Small pond?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

There is that, however the chap that delivered mine (1800x800 and 55kg) carried it into the garage single-handed.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Bathtub gin?

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Planter? Carrot flies don't like it when the carrots are planted above ground level....

Reply to
Jim K..