Subject Author Posted Replies

Water meter & excessive bill
From a local FB group.... When Jane (name changed to protect the innocent)and I moved into Church House 3 ish years ago we found we were paying a huge 1/4 bill for water, we are on a meter. Having...
20

Suppose that you had diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis, & depression...
...How many years of that condition would you like to endure? As many as you could get?
21
21

Suppose that you had Alzheimer's...
...How many years of that condition would you like to endure? As many as you could get?
21
21

Radiator - aluminium
Looking for a tall narrow radiator and have encountered some made of aluminium. Any snags? I have a modern WB Boiler and keep it Inhibited.
3
3

What's a "nutter proof" wall?
Stud wall - DIYWiki Stud wall - DIYWiki
3
3

Crabtree Starbreaker CU
I've got one of these. Really can't remember when I installed it. It's split load and conformed to the then regs, if that helps. I'd guess at mid 90s. I have a separate radial for the AV equipment,...
22
22

OT: Milkshake.
Just heard on the news the chap who threw a milkshake over Farage has been sentenced to 150 hours unpaid work. Rather ironic considering Farage gets paid by the EUP for not working his hours.
27
27

Re: Legalities of changing sockets and brakes in England?
What makes you think that. well that's convenient so being invisible how did you count him and how do you know there;s not another invisible God, and how come you can see invisible people ? I wonder...

How do I hang a radiator on a Thermalite block wall?
In the process of changing a radiator and found that the old fixings were a bit too flimsy for my liking. The new one is a 2000x450 double convector so fairly heavy. There are currently three battens...
11
11

Gold finish outside handles pitting.
All of our window and door handles are a gold finish, I noticed the ones outside have begun to pit a little. I have cleaned them up with Autosol, but what would be a good way to protect them in the...
8
8

How common is TN-C-S household wiring in the UK with combined PEN
Arising from the EV Charging in the UK thread I am having an argument with a USian who insists that UK wiring is unsafe and uses a combined protective earth and neutral to save money aka PEN and...
42
42

Do you grout the corner
Hi all, We have a shower in the corner of the bathroom and have just tiled the 2 walls (one stud the other brick) it sits against. There seems to be conflicting advice as to whether the corner where...
22
22

Replacing busbar screws in MK CU
I'm very tempted to replace the M5x10 PZ2 busbar screws in my MK Sentry CUs with decent hex head screws, at least at the positions where there are multi-strand cables or multiple single-strand cables....
3
3

Argentinian power cuts
So the failure of just one hydro electric station caused it?
27
27

Wanker of the day
The driver had to get out and push after getting stuck on a flooded road in Leicestershire. The driver had to get out and push after getting stuck on a flooded road in Leicestershire.
43
43