Radiator - aluminium

Looking for a tall narrow radiator and have encountered some made of aluminium. Any snags?

I have a modern WB Boiler and keep it Inhibited.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Galvanic corrosion between copper pipes and aluminium?

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Al is used as a protective anode in copper plumbed systems. It takes the corrosion protecting steel parts. I gather there should be a plastic insulator between differing metals to greatly reduce corrosion.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Not noticed it on my old car with an ally engine. Replaced a rotten steel pipe with copper, and it's been fine. Very common to have brass fittings screwing into ally.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)