Replacing busbar screws in MK CU

I'm very tempted to replace the M5x10 PZ2 busbar screws in my MK Sentry CUs with decent hex head screws, at least at the positions where there are multi-strand cables or multiple single-strand cables. Is there anything authoritative that says I can't do it?

I have no idea about any rules, but I think it would be unsafe in inexperienced hands, as it would be too easy to cut the wires or strip the brass busbar threads. I would at least use brass screws.
--

Roger Hayter

i am sure you woudl use them wisely; but if in the future someone else lives in your house they may not. So it may not be an acceptable modification, even though actually a safety improvement at the moment.
--

Roger Hayter

On Monday, 17 June 2019 21:57:58 UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

If modified it ain't type approved. What difference that makes in practice is another matter.
NT