Subject Author Posted Replies

Radiator valve head replacement
I'm very confused to the different types of valves and heads, please can someone help? The temperatue control for one radiator at home stopped working. The plastic head is faulty and won't twist open...

IP Freely (I thought I was lax)
Walked up our lane and back and marveled at the devil may care way someone has powered their outside lights. 've to admire them in a way haven't you? And let's be honest, these days it's probably...
6
6

Re: OT: Handwarmer Oddity
Those are postmen. but really how hard is it to carry the thing to the next bin. I feel under the current rules, more bins are needed since there are so many disposable items used that can get very...
4
4

Varilight V-Pro dimmer driving LED downlighters - not turning off
Morning all, I've a new extension which has 2 banks of downlighters (one bank of 6 and one of 8) in the ceiling. Each bank is controlled by a Varilight V-Pro mullti-point touch and IR dimmer master...
23
23

The saga of my new smart meters
Two years ago, my then Gas and Electricity supplier "Eon" asked me to install new smart meters. They told me of the wonderful benefits to me that would entail, and when taking a line from this NG I...
98
98

23 million pounds to help fight vaccine mis-information
Where does all the money go ?
9
9

Automatic table saw emergency stop
This thing is amazing: *Support What We Do at The Katz-Moses Store* https://lddy.no/stih To better understand how safe a Sawstop Tablesaw is we rented the Phantom V2640 high definition slow motion...
109
109

Thermostatic 13A Adaptor
<>This seems to do what I want, perhaps? Noting the distinct lack of love in the reviews. I am looking for something which comes on ABOVE a set temperature not below. Application is to turn the "beer...
17
17

Deleting an orphan folder
I have a folder that is a sub-folder in another folder that no longer exists. There's nothing in it but it won't let me delete it. It not a problem, just annoying. Is there any way I can remove it?...
15
15

Pigs in Blankets
For a few years I have bought trays of 12 frozen 'pigs in blankets', they have been OK as an accompaniment to a cooked meal. They claim to be pork with a bacon wrap and the sausage has always been a...
28
28

I'm inoculated :-)
Telephone call yesterday morning. Can you be at surgery 3.45 this afternoon for Covid inoculation. I had to consider it for a nano second:-) Arrived fifteen minutes early, sat in car killing time...
39
39

Is there a 'proper' name for Euro/French two-pin 2.5A sockets?
I am trying to buy a single socket for one of those standard 2-pin European (French) plugs which are commonly used on table lamps and such. These have the same size pins and spacing as the round 10...
32
32

OT Amos 'n' Andy
How did they get away with the radio version?

Laptop battery.
I have a Dell laptop and the battery is useless. Not tried - but can I operate it without the battery? Or does in need it in situ even though it holds no charge?
18
18

You learn something new...
Got a form sent as an email attachment that I had to fill in and return by email. In PDF format. Never seen this before and had thought most (free) progs that can load a PDF are read only. Including...
10
10