Re: OT: Handwarmer Oddity

Those are postmen. but really how hard is it to carry the thing to the next bin. I feel under the current rules, more bins are needed since there are so many disposable items used that can get very difficult to store on a longish walk. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Rubbish. If you can take it out with you, you can take it home.

Reply to
Richard

Indeed. Only a slight mental adjustment for consumables purchased on route. You bought it which makes disposal your responsibility and not that of the supplier. Sadly, a subsection of our population have a firm belief that taxation (to which they may or may not contribute) funds street cleaning. Why they extend that belief to rural footpaths is unknown.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Brian Gaff (Sofa) submitted this idea :

I fail to understand that point - you begin your trip with 'stuff', why can you not end your trip with a similar amount of 'stuff'. If they are wrappers and you consume the contents, the wrapper is much smaller and lighter surely?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

It happens that Tim Lamb formulated :

..and the lay-bye, where they eat their Big Mac, then chuck the remnants out the window for someone else to clear up after them.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.