I'm inoculated :-)

Telephone call yesterday morning. Can you be at surgery 3.45 this afternoon for Covid inoculation. I had to consider it for a nano second:-) Arrived fifteen minutes early, sat in car killing time watching long queue shuffle into front door in the rain. Young man with clipboard taps on car window "are you here for Covid inoculation?" Yes Follow me we are running ahead as folk haven't turned up.

He then leads me down the side of the surgery and into a fire door where a nurse is waiting hypodermic in hand.

Seems the queue out front is for medication collection.

Now nursing sore arm!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Advise given here was to 'take a couple of paracetamol when you get home

- whether you think you need them or not' and 'maybe the day after too if the arm is stiff and achy'. AZOxford vaccine jab.

Reply to
Bev

Pfizer, two weeks ago tomorrow. No pills and no effects of any sort!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

More the shoulder than the arm for me - it went into the deltoid which seems to be the recommended place! But then the arm already hurt as I've pulled a muscle...

I was very tired for a day and a half, and had flu-like symptoms the day after.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Also Pfizer. Tender and aching arm the following afternoon, took paracetamol. OK the next day, absolutely whacked the day after that. Perfectly OK now.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

jagged then

Reply to
Jimmy Stewart ...

I didn't even feel the injection (Pfizer) or have any reaction of any sort at all.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News
<snip>

Yes Jim, we have got it, we know you have a different language up there (well, mainly you, most of the others prefer to appear 'normal' to the rest of the world). ;-)

Sfunny as I bet you would be the first person to complain should someone not speak English ...

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

Mrs said she didn't feel her injection and the area was only slightly tender to the touch for a couple of days (AstraZenica).

That may not say much as she's in pain most the time (arthritus, needs two new shoulders to go with the new knees). ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

oh right

Reply to
Jimmy Stewart ...

Given your diets that can only get worse:

Have you suggested she should switch to a more balanced and natural diet?

Reply to
Fredxx

If your Mrs is suffering arthritic pain, I most strongly suggest that she eliminates from her diet the well-known trigger foods from the Solanaceae family. These include tomatoes (sometimes known as 'the evil fruit'), potatoes, and bell and chilli peppers. I further suggest she takes the maximum daily dose of flax-seed oil.

Such changes can bring benefits to arthritis sufferers in the form of reduced or eliminated pain, and possibly better joint movement. Expect to keep the elimination diet and supplementation going for at least three months, and it may have to become permanent. When pain has reduced or been eliminated, cautious re-introduction of one of the trigger foods can be attempted; if pain reoccurs, then eliminate that food from the diet.

I have Heberden's Nodes in the base of my right thumb, and my jaw. The last time I tested for potato sensitivity, I ate four potato chips (not crisps). The result was that my jaw was reluctant to open and felt like it was falling off. My thumb was so painful I couldn't use my right hand to pick up anything. The pain and discomfort lasted seven days. Since then I have ruthlessly eliminated potato from my diet, even as a minor additive, and my thumb and jaw have performed as normal.

Your Mrs has nothing to lose, and a lot to gain, from trying an elimination diet. I commend it to you both.

Reply to
Spike

Replying to T i m, I have minor arthritis in my hands, sufficiently painful to warrant a paracetamol once or twice a day. But a few weeks ago I succumbed to an advert for no-added-sugar pomegranate juice (full of vitamin C, full of antioxidants etc, all that sort of stuff, as if I wasn't getting enough of them anyway, which I almost certainly am), just to see what it was like. Within a few days my arthritis was much less painful, such that I no longer need the painkillers. Of course, the juice may have had nothing to do with it, and cranberry juice may work just as well, I don't know, but I now have one or two glasses of pomegranate juice each day.

Reply to
Chris Hogg
<snip>

Ok.

Interesting.

We will check it out, thanks.

The bottom line was that she had cartilage issues in her knees at a fairly early age, then they got worse over time to the point where she couldn't bear it any longer and had them x-rayed. The consultant wondered how she had even managed to walk in on them (and she walked 'normally', no sticks or strange gait etc) and said he's put her on the list for replacements as soon as she was ready. She's had steroid injections in her right shoulder 3 times, the first two making a big difference and lasting a year or so and recently she's had them in both shoulders, the right still not really helping but has help the left (and we predict probably will do so again one more time).

She had an issue with her back and had (in no order), acupuncture, physiotherapy, a surgical corset, traction, and even a faith healer, none of which made the slightest difference (or if it did is was only short lived). What *did* make a difference is the operation on her spine to remove a small bony growth that was trapping her spinal cord and hence giving her the pain (L3?).

The carpel tunnel and tennis elbow ops were also successful.

So I have a feeling that it's going to be one or two new shoulders as all her aches and pains seem to be 'mechanical' things and have been with her for a good while now.

She has some arthritis as well, mainly in her hands but she's not really mentioned that since her shoulder started playing up. ;-(

Cheers, T I m

Reply to
T i m

When I got up in the middle of the night after the Pfizer vacination I notice a slight ache in my arm. Nothing since. At the time I was given a 4 page document which included details of possible effects and what to do according to the severity.

Reply to
Michael Chare

On 03/02/2021 12:47, T i m wrote: <snip>

Turmeric tablets and CBD oil (proper stuff not hemp oil sold on Amazon)

Works almost instantly on dogs arthritis but it also worked for my mum who had OE in both shoulders and knees.

Before she went into the care home she was diagnosed with Alzheimers and her brain capacity was diminishing rapidly so I took her to the Dr and told them I wanted her off all medication. No statins, no blood pressure tablets (she was on 2 different ones), no "water works" tablets, no codiene, no "that other one that reduces stomach ulcers" (as she wouldn't be taking daily brufren)

We agreed Paracetamol and 1 of the BP tablets (which I later also removed). Oh and she was on bupronorephine patches too which didn't keep the shoulder pain away either so I weaned her off those and replaced everything with CBD, Tumeric, and paracetamol 4 times daily.

Her mental capacity returned, improving on a weekly basis to the point no-one would know she even had Alzheimners apart from a little short term memory loss. OE pain was vastly reduced and on the occasional bad days she had an extra CBD capsule. Constant need for a wee was eradicated but in the end she had to go into a care home as she couldn't negotiate the stairs at home amongst other things, but the care home kept her off the prescription meds although she had to revert back to cocodamol as and when she had pain because I couldn't give/supply her CBD and turmeric (council care home would only issue Doctor prescribed medication).

She's been in there a year last November and still bright although her walking is much worse now.

I'd strongly suggest trying a "raw" CBD oil which has a broader spectrum of constituent elements which get converted to regular CBD when it's refined. Feedback from customers is generally that they find the raw product more effective for the same dose.

Do a bit of independent research into both substances with regards to arthritis. You'll not find anything much about CBD and Alzheimers and I'm convinced the insistence of "profit science" artificially lowering pensioners blood pressure with tablets is the single biggest contribution to the rampant surge of old age dementia. Mum is a registered nurse and before every old person had dementia the rule of thumb for blood pressure was 100 + age so a BP of 180 was perfect for an 80 year old; therefore pharma-science saying everyone should have a BP of 130 regardless of age so bringing it down with tablets must surely be depriving the brain of oxygen leading to cell death... but that's just a theory, I can only go by the dramatic changes I witnessed by removing all meds and replacing with 2 strong, natural anti-inflamatory agents.

Right, that's that now recorded in the internet annals for 2021. :)

Cheers Pete

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

If you stop the juice, do symptoms come back ? It's the only way to tell ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Yea, I know :-) I've thought about it but don't want to do the experiment! It's no great hassle and quite like the juice anyway...

Reply to
Chris Hogg

This is the problem with a lot of "cures" ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

The mind is a strange thing. Many years ago I started developing shoulder problems and eventually I succumbed to trying a magnetic bracelet. The pain (which had become quite severe) reduced within hours and had disappeared in a couple of days. As a physicist, I started as a super skeptic, and ended up trying to work out possible mechanisms.

I'm starting to get arthritis myself, I'll pick up some pomegranate next time I shop.

Reply to
newshound