I'm inoculated :-)

The nocebo effect is particularly weird.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

On Wed, 3 Feb 2021 15:36:36 +0000, newshound snipped-for-privacy@stevejqr.plus.com> wrote: <snip>

It is indeed.

I had one stuck inside my watch strap that was supposed to align something (blood vessels?) but can't remember if it made any difference to anything (other than my wallet ... I tried it because I saw it at a show and thought I'd give it a go). ;-)

Oooerr!

I bet.

Same here ... if there are still shops out there?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

On 03/02/2021 15:45, T i m wrote: <snip>

You can indeed. The legality of the product is that is mustn't contain more than 0.2% THC per "product" in other words 2 identical products, one in a 10ml dropper bottle with 0.2% THC is fine but a 30ml bottle would then be

0.6% THC and technically against legislation for the producer, not that many manufacturers bother with that.

We only started buying it and keeping it in stock when I started giving it to my mother. Manufacturers trick the consumer with stating percentage of "extract" v CBD percentage etc.

I'd suggest starting with a 5% CBD Look for something along the lines of "5% Raw Full Spectrum 500mg" typical price would be around £30 for a 10ml pot.

I believe Amazon and possibly e-bay banned the sale of proper CBD supplements for some reason but they're perfectly legal to buy, sell and consume in the UK. It's THC that is the illegal part.

<snip>

Exactly. She didn't have a clue what I was giving her, I just opened her dosset box every monday and re-loaded it with my alternative supplies.

My partner that is very skeptical of everything "alternative" couldn't deny the changes either and she went from thinking it was a placebo effect to telling customers about the changes. :)

Perfect. Nature knows exactly what we need and adjusts things accordingly. pharma-science simply brings out new guidelines to sell as much as possible and almost always the side effects of one drug require another to mask the side effects and so on.

Just going back to the Bloodpressure, if you think about it further, as the heart (muscle) gets weaker with age and pumps a lower volume the arteries need to constrict to get that lower volume to the extremities hence higher blood pressure is essential.

Simple physics, basic biology and a logical mind. ;)

Cheers Pete

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

When SWMBO was taking interferon, there was a well known side effect of "flu like symptoms" for 24 hours after the weekly jab.

Pre internet, someone somewhere mentioned that *fresh* pineapple seemed to prevent this.

We duly tried it, and it did. For the next 7 years ...

Bromelaids seem to be the key.

However, once it worked, SWMBO was reluctant to stop and see if the side effects returned ....

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Problem is that pineapple seems to interfere with a lot of medications.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Indeed ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Inside Health from 12/jan/21 had something to say on that

Andrew

Papain and Bromelin have been used in blood group serology and immunohaematology for decades.

Reply to
Andrew

I take a daily statin - and the instructions say 'no grapefruit'.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

What's a grapefruit ?. Haven't seen those in my local Tesco and Sainsbury for years. They don't even have fresh grapefruit juice, just the 1 litre tetrapak of 'made from concentrate' stuff.

Reply to
Andrew

That's just one of my medications that say that!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Apologies for the confusion, It's been a few years since this affected the products we were getting.

It's a maximum of 0.2% THC with the additional limit of 0.1mg THC per product so for example a product containing 0.1mg THC in a 10ml bottle of 0.2% THC would contain 0.3mg THC in a 30ml bottle still within the

0.2% THC allowance but would be in contravention to current manufacturing legislation by exceeding the upper limit of THC contained in a single product.

There is no limitation on how many "products" you can purchase at the same time or indeed sell to the same consumer so a bit of a pointless restriction really.

We have a product containing pure ground cannabis sativa "flower" which used to be sold in pots of 28 capsules but they had to be reduced to pots of 15 capsules to come in under the 0.2mg THC per product.

All completely pointless though because CBD counteracts the effects of THC anyway so there's no way you could get a THC high no matter how much CBD product was consumed.

Hope that clears things up. Cheers Pete

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Muddymike used his keyboard to write :

I had mine too, today at my local surgery, next village. I arrived 40 minutes early, but they whistled me straight in to join the short queue lining up for it. Its seems they were just ahead with the processing.

I was supposed to be after lunch, they were still working on the before lunch batches, so had to fetch the afternoon batch paperwork down from the office. Other afternoon patients were called in, to help fill the time.

I had a pre-existing sore right shoulder, so thinking I didn't want two sore arms, I elected to have it in the right. Whoosh and done. I barely felt it going in. Then a sticky label stuck on me, with the time marked on it for 15 minutes after the injection. Kept in the waiting room, until my time was up, with regular checks on me to ensure I was OK. One of them seemed to have some sort of slightly bad reaction. I had the Pfizer jab/jag, which came with a list of possible side-effects and likelyhood of each one.

The muscle is only very slightly tender, this evening - other than that, so far nothing.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Didn't they ask/tell you not to do that? For my flu jab they made it clear not to arrive early, in order to reduce queueing and therefore proximity with others.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I was about 15 minutes early. Booked for 17.20, arrived 17.05 or so. Difficult to be precise when you are going to a distant town centre you've never been to before and can't judge the time to get from a car park to the front door. Specially as the car park may be full requiring going to an alternative. So you allow plenty of time.

The Q was inside the store (former Debenhams), although there was covered provision outside for if the Q was a lot longer. Chap behind me was not due until 18.00 but was just added to the Q.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Admittedly flu jab was at local surgery, so most people were on foot. They are doing AstraZeneca jabs there, but not Pfizer jabs due to storage.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Trouble is: if you have a longish journey, you can't always predict the amount of time it will take.. Google Earth told me my journey would take 40 minutes; not having done that particular journey for 20 years, I allowed an extra 10, but it actually only took 30 minutes. no problem - go straight in. No queue.

Reply to
charles

If a large centre with big car park, you can get there in plenty time (as most would be programmed to do) and wait in the car till the appointed time.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

When I got the call about my appointment (tomorrow at noon), the instructions were to arrive early, and wait in the car to be checked in and complete paperwork.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Yes - the sensible thing to do. Pal who went to a local surgery a couple of weeks ago said the queue was round the block. All old people, often with carers, etc, and it was cold and raining. Difficult to get through to some not to come early.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News