Subject Author Posted Replies

RAM question
I'm thinking about an upgrade. Is there anything to choose between Crucial and Kingston? Similar price. Thanks
19
19

[CC] IPCC Report to be released today
After having my browser checked multiple times (why??) I managed to navigate to the AR6 Synthesis Report outline. Thank goodness I'm using a VPN. This from that document gives more than a hint of...
45
45

Fuel pipe for leaf blower
Hi All, Dug my Ryobi petrol leaf blower out of the shed (again hasn't been used in years) and it has a fuel leak caused by one of the fuel lines either having become detached from the tank or has...
3
3

OT - Fibre in Water Project
A lot about this on the news this morning: <>Wouldn't it be easier to use the gas mains? I would assume the environment is less hostile than water, too. It seems to me that these would become...
34
34

Populist Claims About Stagnant Wages Are Misleading, Federal Reserve Data Show
Populist Claims About Stagnant Wages Are Misleading, Federal Reserve Data Show by Jack Elbaum, 8/6/21, Foundation For Economic Education Last week, Rep. Ro Khanna tweeted about the disparity in CEO...
2
2

UK-DIY's "Economic Experts" LOL!
Can our 'economic experts' here who predicted the pound would collapse catastrophically against the euro post-Brexit kindly explain how they were so monumentally stupid? I mean, this graph shows the...
2
2

Paint edging kit
I have never used a paint edging kit. Are they any good or should i go back to tape and roller? TIA
22
22

Paint rollers
Is it very important what kind of roller is used for different paints? I'm about to paint a previously rendered and painted outside wall with Dulux Weathershield brilliant white. The paint is fairly...
2
2

Jug for Krups coffee machine
Does anyone want a jug for a Krups coffee filter machine (type 176A)? You are also welcome to the machine itself, for parts or repair. The machine is not safe to operate in its present condition. I am...

Help! I seem to have killed my telly!
I turned on my Pamasonic TX-L26X 10B TV last night and, as often happens, it reported that new stations had been found. I usually press Exit at this stage in order to watch the existing channels but,...
67
67

Curved wooden doors
How would you make something like this: 'solid oak curved kitchen dresser doors convex / height 1210 mm' I've seen various techniques using kerf cutting, and things with (bendable) plywood, but wonder...
14
14

Identify a 36 tpi screw
Trying to identify a machine screw. Certainly not metric ... can anybody help identify the thread ... OD is 0.156" so assume its a 5/32" Pitch is 36 That is a fine pitch Only thing I can find that...
23
23

OT: Costco and warranty
I bought an item from them just under a year ago that came with a 1 year qarranty. Unfortunately it failed a few days ago, luckily just before the warranty expired. For those unfamiliar with them,...
11
11

Buying a randon gear
Hi All, When I started rejuvenating the hedge trimmer attachment it was sticking. Long story short, one of the metal gears inside has an area where the teeth have worn down and not catching the rod...
6
6

Gutter design issue
Hi All, We have 2 small dormers and the guttering for these empty out on to the roof below. Essentially they have a down-pipe with a 90 degree elbow on down to the roof below. The 90 degree is angled...
7
7