Subject Author Posted Replies

QUORA: What do you dislike about California?
QUORA: What do you dislike about California? by Andrew T. Post, born & raised in the Golden State, 7/19/21 1. The politics. Gun laws, taxes, gas prices, housing bubbles, boondoggles, environmental &...

Garden hose problem
I have inherited a very long garden hose. I estimate 25 to 30 metres. It is yellow with a cross hatch reinforcement design. A type very popular years ago. It is in good shape but the reel it was wound...
7
7

Alas, my Windows 10 desktop icon font is furry !
I have been given an elderly PC, now with Windows 10, and am using it with an unrecognised display. The display is almost completely acceptable, with the date and time and the applications showing in...
5
5

Neighbour’s damp problem
We bought a house a year ago, after a good survey. The house which borders our drive was then sold. The new owners’ survey report identified that our drive is above the double row of blue bricks on...
1
1

Properly Joined Electrical Wire
Should I join all my wires like this in future? How to Twist Electric Wire Together/ Properly Joint Electrical Wire Proper Electric cable jointing is very useful to transmit the electrical charge...
5
5

Pressure washer connection adapters
Hi All, I bought one of these to replace my pressure washer hose and split lance It transpires that the bit that I thought went on to the supplied lance (the end which has the rubber washer on and...
1
1

Reinforced Concrete - Covering a Hole
Hi, I should probably get a structural engineer to do some calculations but all the quotes I have seem to be an attempt to tell me to go away (£4k+ !!). I've got a hole in the ground I need to cover...
42
42

OT: "Pedestrian" lights
Waiting for SWMBO to complete a hospital appointment, I was parked up listening to the radio, within sight of a set of pedestrian traffic lights. Well, I say "pedestrian" but I noticed that over an...
94
94

Coal ridge bf
How do you remove the fire , gas has been disconnected

New apprentice
Our new apprentice turned up for work with his tools, but he completely forgot his PPE. Image No-PPE hosted in ImgBB Image No-PPE hosted in ImgBB Image No-PPE hosted in ImgBB
57
57

Machine galvanised
Bought some staples. Box said machine galvanised. What is machine galvanising ?
3
3

Odd MR16 LED behaviour ?
After a few years service, the halogen incandescent MR16 bulb in my shower fan/light assembly stopped working - contacts had distorted with heat. Put a replacement LED version in, and it worked for a...
14
14

outside overflow pipe dripping from header tank
My outside overflow pipe to the small header tank in the attic has started dripping.I have had a plumber in who has confirmed that there is nothing wrong with the float dripping stops when the heating...
4
4

OT Breakdown cover again - prices for existing customers
Maybe one for law experts? I took out breakdown cover last year for my car at £66.94 and the renewal is £77.28. After a bit of typing on their website - a very similar car to mine at a nearby...
33
33

Flange?
What's the best size of flange to get? I'd prefer a black one.
2
2