OTish - anyone experience with IQ Medical air cushion matress ?

SWMBO managed to get a pressure ulcer a few weeks ago. After nearly 4 weeks in hospital, it's stabilized enough that they are talking of continuing treatment at home.

Although she's seen a few OTs in her stay, not a dicky birds consultation with me. So I know they haven't done any assessment at home.

Today, the latest OT (considering there's supposed to be a staff shortage, it's amazing how many medical staff SWMBO has seen only once) breezily said they'll arrange an air mattress like the one she's using in hospital. An IQ Medical Star jobbie.

I note with interest that it's an entire mattress. But OT hasn't said anything about existing (double) mattress or how they intend to fit this single mattress to a double bed.

Just wondered if anyone here had any experience ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

My wife ended up with a hospital bed in the living room.

Reply to
jon

No but OTs are in for a rude awakening when the nhs becomes the ncs the c standing for care, meaning that the council care teams and the nhs teams are to be integrated and one supposes they will assume then there are too many them and sack all the good ones and keep the bad ones who work cheap. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes, now I've spoken to the OT (and they've visited) that's the way we're going. Temporary until the wound has healed. It's then a case of not getting any more.

7' x 3'
Reply to
Jethro_uk

MIL had one of these for a few months before she died. She was virtually bedridden and had acquired a number of pressure sores (that she hadn't mentioned due to embarrassment, until she was properly examined).

She was given a hospital bed.

She also got a similar thing for her armchair.

Reply to
Bob Eager