Yarra Yassus! A parable of the times

"A mother-of-one had to be identified by her fingerprints after a horror crash in which a Range Rover landed on a London Underground train line, an inquest heard.

Beautician Yagmur Ozden, 33, died after the car hit a Tesla charging station on the A40 at up to 100mph and flipped onto the train tracks of nearby Park Royal station.

The driver of the car, Rida Al Mousawi, a 24-year-old Iraqi-born store manager, was taken to hospital and treated for serious injuries.

An inquest into her death at West London Coroners Court heard that Ms Ozden, originally from Baghdad, was identified by her fingerprints at the scene."

Ok let me get this straight. It was a frikking Iraqi, probably never taken a test, doing 100mph, which shouldn't have happened, who hit a Tesla charge point, which shouldn't be possible, before flipping on to a railway line, which apparently had no crash barrier.

Presumably exercising his right to choose whichever side of the road is his 'cultural norm'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Are there implications to having been identified by fingerprints?

Are UK visitors routinely fingerprinted on arrival (as in the USA)?

Reply to
JNugent

It doesn't necessarily indicate that the matching set were from police records. They could have come from the household of the deceased if other means of identification were inappropriate or more time consuming.

Reply to
alan_m

Other reports say he hit a Tesla car, parked in a dealership, just above the station. In fact, looking at the pictures, he probably did both.

He seems to have been batting down Hangar Lane and lost it on a gentle right hand bend, then gone through two sets of pedestrian railings. As the footpath is higher, he would have been airborne as he entered the Tesla dealer car park. The car park was separated from the railway line by a steel paling anti climb fence, mounted on what appears to be a concrete plinth about 3ft high, which looks as though it ought to stop any car. Behind that was an even taller chain link fence, before a deep drop to the railway line.

I would say he had to work quite hard to get as far as the railway line. Being airborne could have meant that the car somersaulted after it landed, which may have resulting in it jumping over the concrete barrier. I've seen a racing car go over all the protective barriers at a race track that way. OTHO, the Tesla car may have acted as a ramp to take him over the concrete barrier.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Video:

The location is a Tesla showroom that also offers charging. There were two people in cars charging at the time. The yard is lower than the road, hence the Range Rover skimmed the top of them.

The Range Rover was previously doing doughnuts around the Hanger Lane gyratory, apparently.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

what did you expect....

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

I think that is probably the case. Knowing who she was supposed to be, fingerprints would be easy enough to obtain, The point of putting it in the story was to indicate how mangled the corpse actually was.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Think I agree with you. Oddly enough I was overtaken years ago by an 'asian' gentlemen in a volvo, on Hangar lane, and he managed to slam into the crash barrier on the central reservation and flip the car, which I came upon a minute or so later.

My 'Asian' neighbour is a man I will not drive with. He is outraged because his insurance premium is nearly three times mine.

I wonder why...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That I hadn't heard :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What *I* would expect is for anyone coming to Britain to kiss goodbye to their cultural and religious proclivities and adopt the mantle of a civilised and productive member of society. That's what *I* do when I'm in an extended stay in another country. When in Rome and all that. The problem is that these foreigners have been given to understand that Britain is multicultural and they can do what the hell they please. If they don't want to fit in, why on earth come to the West in the first place? No wonder the country's an international laughing stock.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Impressive and exactly how I imagined it.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Sadly, it's not just foreigners! In these woke times, anyone can adopt whatever way-out lifestyle they like, and expect everyone else to fit in with *them*!

Reply to
Roger Mills

I absolutely agree with you that this was disgraceful driving. However, your racist slurs are also disgraceful.

Reply to
GB

Ironically, that used to be Lookers, the Land Rover dealer until recently :-(

Reply to
Jim White

Sorry mate, Ive had dealings with Middle eastern Asians and machinery all my life, and mostly for some reason they are total crap.

Chinese and points east - fine. Gentleman with black skins - rough, but they get there.

Bloody Middle easterners? nope. Too much pride. Will never admit they cant do it or they need teaching or they just haven't understood or got talent .

The curse of Islam, and to an extent the Indians too, is pride.

Who else kills for family honour? I mean, really. Wake up, smell the coffee. These guys are not like you are. Its probably not genetic, its probably cultural but they simply don't mix well with machinery and they are impossible to teach.,

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

At least the Ukranian refugees join in with the local community, their kids go to local schools, the try hard to get jobs (one woman wouldn't move from Poland until she was offered a job) and will go home when possible. Mos other aren't migrants, they are invaders who just want handouts and NHS. This country is short of workers so all 'migrants' should be placed where the work is, learn English and become useful.

Reply to
PeterC

I thought it was a lady. I'm not interested in the ethnicity, and its also unlikely they were driving with no test. As you say though the other bits do seem to suggest a somewhat poor design of the street environment. When you described this it reminded me of the set piece crashes you used to get in the American cop show Chips, where one car doing something daft managed to involve about 20 others, a tanker full of flammable liquid and trap a pregnant woman about to give birth and an on the run criminal etc. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I believe all immigrants are fingerprinted, but of course only the legal ones. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Brian, the crash happened in an urban environment. You don’t design urban streets for Range Rovers being driven at over 100 mph.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

The article doesn't say if the woman killed was the driver or the passenger.

The video of part of the crash shows a car travelling at considerable speed and reports suggest 120mph The car travelled along a long length of metal railings before then completely demolishing another long length of metal railings at the start of the crash. This possibly suggests at legal speeds for the road the railings would have contained the crash. The road was elevated approx 4 foot above the area of the Tesla service area. The final picture of the car shows that it was possibly half its previous size with much of the front end, including the front of the cabin, completely crushed.

Reply to
alan_m