Times Radio

Listening to Times radio on the Sonos Speakers with bass turned up, there is terrible rumble at some 64Hz resonance. This occurs whilst people are talking. I dont know where the microphone is mounted, but if it is on a table, it might be general movement of the presenters as it comes and goes, but is definitely there when music is played. I suppose I will have to turn the bass down.

Reply to
jon

jon was thinking very hard :

Our local ITV TV studio suffered a regular breakthrough of noise, from what was obviously cars with noisy exhuasts and playing noisy music. Only the low frequencies appeared on the transmitted audio - might it be that?

The problem dissappeared when I changed TV's.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

The 'Rumble' is quite steady at around 64Hz, so might imply a resonance,it is almost like background booming with some manic music. Of course it could be new generation noise.

Reply to
jon

It sounds 'ok' on DAB

Reply to
Andrew

jon wrote on 25/07/2022 :

Air conditioning system?

Let them know, they might not be aware - I did.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq