Subject Author Posted Replies

ot Windows 7 strange behaiviour
Hi My w7 has decided that in windows explorer it will not open a folder in the right window. It has done this all by itself and only for this week. Has this happened to any one else . Any idea how to...
9 years ago 14

An XP question
I feel foolish having to ask this but then I should be used to that... I have a KVM switch to share this old Acorn computer with a PC running XP. PS2 for the Acorn. On switching, the mouse sometimes...
9 years ago 17

Buffing wheel - use on it?
I bought a buffing wheel last week to fit on the bench grinder, to try to polish up some brass-ware, but it doesn't seem to be very effective. Someone hinted at the need to put something like soap on...
9 years ago 20

Bargain bathroom suite from EBAY
Started fitting a bathroom for a lady today. She bought it from someone on EBAY and it was a 'real bargain'. Don't know what she paid, but she was happy. Left me a key & went off to the Isle of Wight...
9 years ago 7

Re: Dewalt 18V drill =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=A384?=
No, it isnt a good deal. 2 x 1.3Ah Nicad batteries. A very basic drill, which is overweight. I bought one around 3 years ago when they were £125 at Screwfix, and found it wasnt very good, mainly as...
9 years ago

How long would decking timber last in the soil ??
How long would decking timber last in the soil ?? As I have some left over and was going to use some to border me grass with, ie embedding it all in the soil. They reckon tanalizing is good for 30...
9 years ago 3

Solar panels on conservatory roof
Rather than having all the hassle of having solar panels installed on the roof of the house, does anyone know a company making panels that simply slide in, as replacements for the existing plastic...
9 years ago 11

Flooding
My MD had his house flooded to about a meter 3 years back and is looking at ways of preventing it happening again. He has come across external doors that claim a waterproof seal to prevent water...
9 years ago 29

Southern Electricity power monitor
I have a Southern Electricity power monitor but no instructions, can anyone help? It's a white plastic stand thingy with a large lcd screen, plug in power supply and a clip on current sender that fits...
9 years ago 3

Where to buy Stopgap 300 in Surrey
Hi all I need to level the floor in my cloakroom so that I can lay some tiles, and after doing some reasearch F-Ball Stopgap 300 seems to be the business ! Before I hit the phones does anyone know of...
9 years ago 2

estimated building costs for Building Control application
In order to file my building control papers I need to know the estimated cost of the work (the BC fee depends on this). Even if I DIY most of it the fee is still based o nthe commercial cost of doing...
9 years ago 7

Vertical blinds fixing
Do vertical blinds need to fixed at the top and/or just the sides? I have to fit some that only cover 2/3 (vertical) of the window - and haven't fitted this type before. thanks In article ,...
9 years ago 3

Stone shower tray - again
I posted a week ago feeling very daunted by the instructions for fitting a stone shower tray and questioning the need for bedding it into mortar. Thanks to all for the very helpful replies. I have now...
9 years ago 5

Y plan to S-plus plan.
I currently have a Y plan heating layout. I'd like to connect the conservatory UFH to it. The UHF has a thermostatic valve in the return circuit and is situated some distance (in terms of pipework at...
9 years ago 6

Restoring a magnet's strength
My brother has become a model railway geek - making money at it too, so I shouldn't be too rude about him !! Any way he was on the phone to ask about restoring the strength of small dc electric motor...
9 years ago 43