Subject Author Posted Replies

Worktop jigs
I've been looking at worktop jigs for cutting a nice join on worktop, as an intermediate DIYer is it something I should be able to do with some success? I'd do a few practice cuts first.
3
3

Dimmable lamps
Has anyone tried any of the recent CFL or LED dimmable lamps (properly dimmable - not "switch" dimmable)? Ideally I need one that is GLS lamp shaped (the shade clips onto the glass of the bulb itself)...
3
3

Wish me luck
Old BCO retired - meeting new one tomorrow... Much discussion re stuff verbally agreed with last bloke etc etc... I shall buy nice biscuits on the way home.
18
18

washing machine bearings
Hi, Our washing machine is loud on the spin. I wondering whether that is a sign the bearings need to be replaced? OTOH if I was spinning at 1400rpm, I'm sure I'd make a noise too! I think the problem...
6
6

Surge Protected wall plate?
Hi all, In the middle of redecorating, and it's time to make exciting decisions about cable management. Does anyone know if you can get wallplates / mounting boxes which have surge protection built...
40
40

CCTV. What sort of camera is this?
It's the webcam on the beach at South Sands in Devon. During the day it shows average quality pictures, but at night it seems to switch into some sort of infrared mode. I don't mean the scene is lit...
6
6

OT: Which is worse - Norton or McAfee?
Bearing in mind I can get McAfee free.
55
55

Sealing plastic manhole rings
I am installing a couple of small plastic manholes/inspection chambers about 325mm dia. What is the proper way to seal between the riser rings for a water test? The rings are a push fit without the...
1
1

Wiki: camera
Just a quick one, more material welcome NT A regular digital '''camera''' is easy to use to improve home [[security]]. Simply photograph all thievable items, along with close ups of any serial numbers...

Pickup magnet
I have seen a strong pick up magnet that you can turn on and off about half a metre long but am having trouble naming it for a google search. It is not electric, it seems to work like like the...
8
8

Shower Room Extractor Fans
Hello Planning on installing an extractor fan in the en-suite to reduce condensation - currently looking at: about how to activate/deactivate the fan. Options seem to be: (1) dedicated on/off switch...
14
14

new kitchen doors for old 70s units - options? sources? costs?
old doors are standard widths, but seem 15mm shorter than anything seen so far :
11
11

Monobloc Taps.
Just changing a swan's neck tap in the kitchen that's crumbling, made by Franke, £150 +utter crap. The replacement was £19.00 on t'internet. However, just one question... what fitting do the "tails"...
4
4

VM modem reset ? (bit OT)
Anyone else get a Virgin Media modem reset last night ? Today, my entire network was down, although the computer in here that's hardwired to the modem, still had normal 'net access. When I came to try...
11
11

Venting bathroom extractor through roof
I don't think my builder quite understood what I wanted. When I told him that it wasn't acceptable that my bathroom extractor vented into the loft and there should be a hose to the outside, he used a...
11
11