Subject Author Posted Replies

Powering camera for longer
I have a wireless rear view camera in my bumper that currently draws 120mA @ 8V DC (in the paper specifications) from a 9V PP3 battery - attachment is a PP3 clip. I tested it out with some of those...
9 years ago 55

Shamelessly lifted from UKRM - for TMH
9 years ago 6

Let's be careful out there.....
Not at all in the same vein as DIY mum, we had a couple of industrial safety stories at work this week which I think are worth repeating. The first was a fireman who had hydraulic fluid injected into...
9 years ago 2

Screwfix expanding PU foam
Is Screwfix No Nonsense 750ml foam, p/n 43569 at £2.99 really likely to be back in stock soon, when they have No Nonsense 750ml foam p/n 75470 in stock for £5.49? Only if your local depot has some...
9 years ago 1

Re: Moving an electricity meter
I'm sure in the ever helpful UK D-I-Y group they'll be someone who knows the answer to this;).. In article , Andrea scribeth thus tony sayer ( ) wibbled on Thursday 17 February 2011 13:25: The move...
9 years ago 78

NICEIC Q
If you have self installed wiring (before recent changes) do you have to be NICEIC approved to certify it ... or can you self-certify ? I built my own house ... been living in it for 6 years ..... to...
9 years ago 13

Auto Air Vent
I have a pressurized Thermal Store ... and on top a standard auto air vent. Every so often it starts leaking water ... just a dribble, but then that lowers the pressure ... which I top up, but that is...
9 years ago 4

DIY mum left with horrific burns
The angle grinder lobby in uk.d-i-y haven't seen this one ? A mum was left with horrific burns on her legs after kneeling in B&Q cement while carrying out DIY in her kitchen. Jane Dobson feared her...
9 years ago 97

What are they called?
A 4 bladed rotor inside (an evacuated?) glass bulb, one side of each blade is black, t'other side white/silver, I forget. Show it some sun and it rotates. I'm damned if I can put a name to them....
9 years ago 3

NICEIC promoting more closed shop, jobs for the boys, self interest bollocks...
Page 36: "Limiting the availability of certain electrical equipment to DIY enthusiasts is also something NICEIC supports. A similar model to that of trade distributor Electricfix, with which NICEIC...
9 years ago 23

Coach screw with a nut on the end?
Where can I get a Coach screw with a nut on the end? And what are they called? I've taken some out of my house. They screw into wood using an open ended spanner on the middle, then you can attach...
9 years ago 10

Help to find right gas connector please.
I have a gas hob which was supplied with an elbopw connector like this: threaded part on the right of that picture is 1/2"BSP but the end is flat and is meant to seal against a rubber washer. The...
9 years ago 4

More on diversity (electrical)
Interesting... 100A 80A or 60A supply is protected by a DNO cutout fuse which permits considerably more to be drawn continually and intermittently. Likewise the supply cable is designed usually with...
9 years ago 13

ot Windows 7 strange behaiviour
Hi My w7 has decided that in windows explorer it will not open a folder in the right window. It has done this all by itself and only for this week. Has this happened to any one else . Any idea how to...
9 years ago 14

An XP question
I feel foolish having to ask this but then I should be used to that... I have a KVM switch to share this old Acorn computer with a PC running XP. PS2 for the Acorn. On switching, the mouse sometimes...
9 years ago 17