Subject Author Posted Replies

Mower throttle fault
Eventually found out that the engine isn't B&S but Tecumseh! (does help to know this bit!). From a forum discovered during a search, came across a recommendation for . e-mailed a request for help and...
1
1

WiFi signal shape - where to place router
Most will work out the box. However work and work well are different. If you have a 3M link to the internet then you are going to be OK. If you have a NAS and are backing up over wireless you may want...
68
68

More on electric cars.
I am beginning to wonder about you Dave. You aren't Drivel under a new name are you? All of formula 1 is about aerodynamics - using air pressure to produce lift downwards.. Air pressure changes are...
439
439

Removing water marks (rock?0 from toilets?
What is the best product fore removing it from a white ceramic toilet bowl? also is there any way to stop if forming in the future one it is removed?
11
11

Old Emulsion - gone off.
I need to do a bit of making good on a painted wall after removing some fittings. Alas I opened the original paint tin and found it had turned into a fudge like consistency. Is there any way of...
2
2

Shed electrics.
Hi all, I'd welcome any comments on my plan to get power to my forthcoming shed. The shed itself will wooden, on a concrete slab and 3.6m X 6.6m. It's around 20m from the house, with around a 35m...
23
23

old Wylex fuse box
There seem to be so many different types of mcb, and I'm wondering which one might be suitable to replace the old wired fuses. There is one mcb in the board already controlling the cooker but when I...
11
11

Hole-saws
I'm fitting an extractor fan this w/e and will need to cut two 4" holes - one in the plasterboard ceiling and one in a plastic soffit. The soffit already has a series of 3" ventilation holes and I was...
4
4

plastic clips for outdoors
Need somethink like the clips on skirt hangers but with better grip. Got a bunch of these but some have a pretty weak grip and am not convinced they'll last long outdoors. It's for holding netting on...
4
4

New toilet...how far from wall?
I'm putting a close coupled toilet in the corner. How far from the side wall should it be as a minimum? mark
18
18

concrete step ?
My neighbour has his drive monoblocked and then some steps down to the front door, whoever done the monoblock the last row at the top of the steps has come loose, looks like to keep it level with the...
12
12

Rowenta steam iron.
Is a DX1300 steam iron actually repairable? I have removed the 4 security screws and prised off the back but am no nearer getting to the cable terminations for a shortening back exercise. Mindful of...
6
6

Hose Reel parts
Does anyone here by any chance happen to know where to get replacement parts in the UK for an Ames Hose King Wall Mount Hose Reel. Son inherited one with his house and we have drawn a blank on...

How do spiders get into bathtubs?
I'm a bit of an arachnophobe and found a whopper in the bath at 5am. Not the best start to the day, and I know it's that time of year. This was fully 5" across in normal 'relaxed/crouching' mode....
54
54

Over £2.2bn spent on DIY tools that aren't used
http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=15855
47
47