Subject Author Posted Replies

Why is ordering from CPC/Farnell such hard work?
Wanted some 0.2" Molex KK shells and inserts. Found the shells without too much difficulty on Farnell but the inserts listed as accessories said they were suitable for none of which I could find...
9 years ago 32

Heating is not what it was.
Have small 2.5 bedroom terraced house, which seven days ago had a worcester greenstarRi boiler fitted on the back wall in the kitchen to replace the 25 yr old potterton boiler that live in a tiny...
9 years ago 14

CCJ credit stopped?
We've just taken a company to the small claims court, won the entire claim and had the company desperately wanting to settle the claim in cash. It seems all their company credit was stopped by the...
9 years ago 7

Networked Media Player
I've been looking into getting one of the above but I'm really struggling to make a decision! Should I stick with wired ethernet or will wireless be fast enough? My most basic requirement is that it...
9 years ago 5

SOR codes from the NHF
Does anyone have the latest NHF SOR codes for trades in the public sector area. for maintanance trades. or at least a few sample pages. i believe its about version 6 or 6.1 url: These Schedule of...
9 years ago 2

OT: Consumer rights advise
Bought roof bars for my car 18 months ago. I think that they are Thule made, possibly Mont Blanc, but branded as Ford specific. The have had very light use since (and definitely no abuse). I happened...
9 years ago 28

Suggestions?
Hi all, i need to stir a water vat (33litres) constantly for 3 or 4 hours at a time. I have bought a stirrer off B&Q the ones used to stir paint and plaster etc. Now i need a motor to turn it that is...
9 years ago 12

moving stuff out to a shed
Due to some work in the house, i'm having to put a lot of books out in the garden shed for a while. (Not ideal storage solution with U.k., weather i know). My idea is to wrap small bundles in a couple...
9 years ago 26

Looking for (plastic) boxes that come in two same or similar halve to enclose a two inch cube (approx) - ideas?
I'm after some small boxes to enclose some hall effect current sensors on some large (to me anyway, 1.5cm dia) cables. The ideal solution would be a box that comes in two equal halves each about 2" x...
9 years ago 19

Silicone not bonding
Hi guys I recently had a shower tray installed (Bathstore, low profile, plastic I presume) and had new tiles fitted round about it. The floor it all sits on was particle board. On top of this was some...
9 years ago 5

Wago connectors - don't take cable sizes they say
I am using Wago connectors on my boat, especially the 222 style ones with the little push down lever, they're very useful for connecting several wires together. However the 222 connectors are supposed...
9 years ago 2

Screwfix Free Delivery on Orders Over =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=A310?=
Just had an e mail from Screwfix "Free Delivery on Orders Over £10". No doubt they are loosing out to Toolstation. However, if you follow the link on the e mail it gets very confusing anyone...
9 years ago 5

Diagnosis?
Have my own ideas on this, but I wanted some independent thought. Landlord living elsewhere reports 'no hot water, change immersion'. When I get there I find a HW tank with an immersion, in a cupboard...
9 years ago 10

How do Surveyors' instruments work?
Since I've Googled and not found what I want to know, I thought there might be people here who know how surveyors' instruments work. The reason I am asking is that three different surveyors have...
9 years ago 60

Sav a flush bags
My water company has offered me a free save a flush bag. You simply put it in the cistern and it saves a litre of water per flush. Has anyone had a go with this and does it really work ? I'm a little...
9 years ago 18