Subject Author Posted Replies

How do spiders get into bathtubs?
I'm a bit of an arachnophobe and found a whopper in the bath at 5am. Not the best start to the day, and I know it's that time of year. This was fully 5" across in normal 'relaxed/crouching' mode....
54
54

Over £2.2bn spent on DIY tools that aren't used
http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=15855
47
47

Dog Gates
We do not have a door to our kitchen. Archway but no door. Problem is that the ferkling dog (Westie) insists on sneaking into the kitchen whilst Mrs Pounder is cooking my nightly banquet. It's just a...
15
15

Glueing a badge in place
Have a rather nice wood rimmed steering wheel on the old Rover. Much nicer than the oddly shaped original. But the centre of it is a fairly ugly plastic moulding with a new Rover badge in the middle -...
17
17

3-bed semi central heating: combi vs. conventional boiler?
I am planning a new central heating for my house which is a 3-bed semi. There is currently only myself living here, but I may want to rent the place out to a family at some stage. I need to decide...
26
26

Advice on buying a strimmer
Hi all Looks like I will need to buy a strimmer in order to clear a large neglected area of a garden that I tend as a favour for absent friends. The area in question has been left to the wild for a...
9
9

Door closers and Fire alarm system
Recent talk of automatic door closers prompt me to ask if anyone want a box full of them, the hydraulic arm type that fit to the top of the door. Along with the fire alarm system, control box sensors,...
1
1

Miele Electronic Programmer repair help
Our Dishwasher decided to self destruct a couple of weeks ago, tripping a 30A MCB as it went. That will teach me to ignore the two times it tripped the RCD thinking they were just nucience trips...
16
16

fan
Our bedroom runs hot. is there a good fan that is quiet that I could use to suck the cold air from outside to cool the room. I have a free-standing air con but that is really noisy. so I was thinking...
9
9

Monoblock tap - check valve?
While looking on Screwfix's website at monoblock tap connectors, some suggest that they should be used with a check vale. I've not given this any consideration before, what do people tend to do?
2
2

Monoblock flexible tap connector problems
I got a couple of mixer taps and they came with flexible hoses with what appeared to be female 1/2 inch BSP ends. So I got some 15mm compression to male 1/2 inch fittings, tightened the lot up and...
5
5

EARN EARN NEW GREAT WORK AT HOME
HI, PLEASE VISIT THIS LINK.............IF NEED TO WORK AT HOME

Shower waste problem
My son's shower is leaking and water dripping though the ceiling below. I have traced it to a problem with the waste leaking when someone is standing in the shower (it doesn't leak when just pouring...
2
2

Banister Varnish / Stain?
Hi, Following a loft conversion I have some new stairs - the banister wood is n= othing special (light coloured / pine) but I think I'd like to keep the woo= d effect by varnishing rather than...
4
4

Re: OT Hindenberg pix.
most amazing thing about it is not how many people died but how many survived! Tim http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2012/05/75-years-since-the-hindenburg-disaster/100292/The