Subject Author Posted Replies

Ender3 PRO won't print, SD (TF) card issue?
I have been told this is the place to go to with 3D printer problems, so:- I have just built an Ender3 PRO but I can't get it to print (shall worry about altering settings to up the quality once I can...
3
3

3d printing services
Since the pandemic, I don't have as easy access to a 3d printer as I once did. However I still have very occasional things I want to 3d print. I could buy my own printer, but don't really want to...
4
4

Chain saw sharpening - simple instructions wanted
I have sharpened chains a couple of times fairly successfully simply by using a naked chainsaw file. However I'm now using my (electric) chainsaw quite heavily again to shorten a big pile of felled...
11
11

What sort of TV/FM multiplexor gives the lowest signal loss ?
I bought an MK TV/FM dual output faceplate on Saturday, code K3552DAB WHI thinking that it would have two separate coax inputs, and the cable clamp on the back has two 'holes' side by side but after...
20
20

Thought for the day.
Is the creation and maintenance of a post modern technical society simply too complex to be entrusted to politicians? Are there any alternatives?
24
24

Portable hard drive
I have a very old Lacie portable hard drive that I use for my Roku streamer. The Roku is claiming that two of the mp4 files are corrupted. My PC agrees. I tried to copy over replacement files, but the...
21
21

OT: Doctors
The GP practice we are with used to be great (the very few times we've used it!), you'd go in, sit down and be seen in turn. It's close to work so you could peep through the window and decide whether...
20
20

OT EV car range
A Renault calculator to show how much the headline range of the EV drops when you speed up, use the heater or if its cold outside. They assume that you cannot have the heating or air conditioning on...
137
137

Unauthorised withdrawal
A £36 unauthorised withdrawing was made from my TSB account, then immediately refunded by GoFundMe. How does that happen? Is it worth contacting TSB to ask them?
12
12

OT: grid upgrade?
A quick Giggle shows that we use 49 billyun litres of fuel a year for transport needs. If we change to electric vehicles, this will need to be replaced by power stations. 49 billyun litres a year is...
122
122

Grrr kitchen fitters Grr grr... (and Ping Jon Rumm)
Our dishwasher reported a fault. I'm busy so we actually tried to get a man in. And failed. So I looked myself. I'm impressed that it could detect a split drain hose at all. Less impressed that it...
4
4

Bring the National Grid to its knees?
<><>The idea that turning all domestic electricity off for 10 minutes at 10 pm (22:00) will bring the National Grid to its knees seems far fetched at first glance. I assume that there will be a...
21
21

Mower blade
You think I can get another season out of this blade?: I suppose I can't complain, this would be its 14th year. The other one was ok, but I figured it was time to treat it to a new set anyway.
12
12

Worcester 32cdi pressure
So my boiler has started to increase its pressure I have drained it down back into the green zone but it is creeping up over a week or so. Expansion vessel??
1
1

Polarity Detection?
When a bored squirrel strips a foot section of lighting T&E, how come it instinctually chooses the live side? -&- They have also stripped 10mm Shower cable, and eaten through the bottom of a cold...
1
1