sprayer threads

I have two backpack sprayers (one stihl, the other makita) and an assortment of nozzles an corresponding holders.

the makita seems to be all G-1/4" BSP

the stihl is quite coy about what sizes it uses, and it has at least three thread sizes on the wand, nozzles and extension bars.

Anyone know if 5/16" and 7/16" are commonly used for such fittings? i only have 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 fittings in my plumbing box of bits so don't have much else to test against ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Have you screwed something 1/4" BSP onto them to check? They are a Japanese manufacturer and 1/4" NPT is possible, but not compatible with BSP.

Given their origin is in Germany, I would guess at those being metric.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

yes, a 1/4 stop-end cap, perfect fit.

Well, I though that might be the case too, but the cooper-pegler nozzles fit straight onto the stihl, and its multi-boom,

One of the stihl fittings seems to be a finer pitch thread, it will start to engage with a 1/4 fitting, but wants to jam after about 1.5 turns, so I guess that could be 1/4" BSPF?

I don't have any pitch gauge, but can grab the digital vernier I suppose.

Reply to
Andy Burns