Subject Author Posted Replies

Grrr kitchen fitters Grr grr... (and Ping Jon Rumm)
Our dishwasher reported a fault. I'm busy so we actually tried to get a man in. And failed. So I looked myself. I'm impressed that it could detect a split drain hose at all. Less impressed that it...
4
4

Bring the National Grid to its knees?
<><>The idea that turning all domestic electricity off for 10 minutes at 10 pm (22:00) will bring the National Grid to its knees seems far fetched at first glance. I assume that there will be a...
21
21

Mower blade
You think I can get another season out of this blade?: I suppose I can't complain, this would be its 14th year. The other one was ok, but I figured it was time to treat it to a new set anyway.
12
12

Worcester 32cdi pressure
So my boiler has started to increase its pressure I have drained it down back into the green zone but it is creeping up over a week or so. Expansion vessel??
1
1

Polarity Detection?
When a bored squirrel strips a foot section of lighting T&E, how come it instinctually chooses the live side? -&- They have also stripped 10mm Shower cable, and eaten through the bottom of a cold...
1
1

AVG continuing annoyance
Partly self inflicted but.. C-Cleaner offered a 1 month free trial of their full service. As they had been whinging about driver updates, I signed up. Before the month was up, I reverted to the free...
21
21

Light bulb wattage
I have light bulbs with these markings on. I wanted to check the wattage of them? I was thinking they were 1.4W but that seemed a bit low.
10
10

Colour of plumbing orange/ black / white / grey /
Does it matter what colour of plumbing fittings are used for soil stacks, pipes etc? orange/ black / white / grey / Can I use orange connecters and tees and pipes almost everywhere? Or just under or...
1
1

Smart meters for stupid people
Over the last year I have been called, texted and emailed over 100 times by EDF telling me I want a smart meter. I don't. How can I get them to stop?
47
47

Austrian gas rationing. How would that work?
of gas rationing in Austria. My limited experience of gas supply failure is that it?s a major ball ache for gas companies. In the UK, gas companies assume that if a supply is interrupted, it can?t be...
14
14

Insulation gap and condensation
Every time I do something on this place, I find something new. Got an insulated garage "professionally converted" before my time. I was planning on fitting a recessed consumer unit in one of the...
9
9

OT: New driving laws and cyclists etc
There is a case of a motorist getting fined and penalised quite heavily for causing a cyclist to fall. See 've watched the video several times and whilst agreeing that the motorist should have slowed...
230
230

How does that work then?
Crackly telephone line eventually degraded from 13Mb to around 0.9Mb. Load times extended as expected. Usenet no visible difference:-) However, Netflix operates as normal!
10
10

Vatican flouts sanctions
Vatican bank tranferred 10 million Euros to buy Rubles from the Central bank of Russia to pay for Gas - media.
3
3

OT: Old bank book conundrum
I found some old bank books for TESSAs held by my parents. Nearly all of them were clearly closed accounts and showed final balances of zero. Two however still display £9000 in the balance column but...
12
12