Subject Author Posted Replies

Result !!! Technology wins over duff electrician
Half way through our refurb we had to change electricians as the original one ceased coming! He was moonlighting it turned out and his employer found out. Good thing probably as we have found numerous...
11
11

Everbuild Bath & Kitchen Sealant
I've learnt the hard way that despite what it says on the tube Everbuild Bath & Kitchen Sealant wasn't suitable for sealing round our kitchen worktop - it set almost hard (not flexible & rubbery like...
1
1

Hot water too hot
Our hot water has suddenly become scalding. I'm assuming the likely candidate in the Sunvic tank stat? If you turn it up to about 75 you can hear a click and the Sunvic Unishare thingy starts to...
4
4

That should not happen should it?
Just washed my hands at the bathroom sink. The water would not drain off. Just tried the bath, the water would not drain off. The common drain point is the hopper and as I have left my steps at work...
12
12

I do hope that was an ashtray and not an urn that I have smashed
I am doing a rewire in a rather unsavoury house and whilst pulling in the gas bonding the cable hit the mantelpiece. The mantelpiece was not fastened down and came crashing to the floor smashing what...
6
6

Kitchen Corner Unit problem
I am fitting a kitchen at the moment, just putting up a corner wall cupboard. (It's supposed to be a 625mm unit but for some reason it measures 617mm?). There are two hangers, left and right corners...
3
3

OT - one to bring TNP to the boil
"The council has received applications for a 62-acre scheme with 47,500 free-standing solar panels at Stratton Hall, alongside the A14 between Kirton and Levington, a 127-acre development with 100,000...
38
38

Lock drilling
My daughter has now lost the last key to her external letterbox and can't afford a locksmith, so I have agreed to help get it open. I don't think there is time to try to learn picking, so I've been...
19
19

Not sure how to describe it but . . .
I want to try to make some flood gates for our doors and they are very expensive to buy. I want to use some sort of fixing that I can screw into the wooden door frames permanently. These would have a...
30
30

Can I catch up?
Just been working away from newsgroup access for a few days and now see the odd thread that I would like to read from the beginning. Trouble is I can only see messages going back a couple of days. Is...
8
8

Frozen overflow
What is going to be the best way to thaw out a frozen overflow pipe? I guess that it has been dripping slightly so in current temperature has a core of ice running through it. It comes from the header...
14
14

Tschibo TCM hand-held rechargeable vacuum cleaner
I bought one of these in the Boston Tschibo several years ago (now closed down). I didn't think it was much cop in practice and therefore it was charged up less and less frequently. The other day I...
2
2

How reliable are roller doors?
Just had a new roller door fitted to the garage and I'm being offered an extended 10 year warranty for £90. Given that the warranty is "personally backed by the MD" I'm wary of it really being...
9
9

speed limits
"Bridget Driscoll achieved notoriety by becoming the first pedestrian to be= killed in a car accident in the United Kingdom. Whilst visiting the Crysta= l Palace in London on 17th August 1896, she was...
15
15

Buy a house for £0.60
17