I do hope that was an ashtray and not an urn that I have smashed

I am doing a rewire in a rather unsavoury house and whilst pulling in the gas bonding the cable hit the mantelpiece. The mantelpiece was not fastened down and came crashing to the floor smashing what looked like an urn.

Reply to
ARW

Negligence, failure to respect property, failure make the working area safe, failure to remove customer's property from the working area. Typical Spark.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

The answer was blowing in the wind then?

Blame the apprentice and tell him to clean the ash up - you could also use it for filling in the few holes that you make when you refit the mantelpiece.

Reply to
Unbeliever

Oh well, at least it wasn't a puppy that was squashed.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Reply to
brass monkey

Trouble is of course, the working area seems to have to include areas larger than anticipated by the sound of it, who has mantle pieces not fixed down?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I feel quite sorry for the guy. He is a hoarder and he has mental health problems. However for the work he is having done he has cleared out a lot of stuff that he had been hoarding and today the council took it away. They also took away the boxes with all his kitchen equipment in them that he had moved outside for the rewire.

Reply to
ARW