That should not happen should it?

Just washed my hands at the bathroom sink. The water would not drain off. Just tried the bath, the water would not drain off. The common drain point is the hopper and as I have left my steps at work and I cannot get up there for a look. It's not that cold is it?

Reply to
ARW

If one of the taps was dripping for an extended period the external hopper could well block with ice. Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thinks ARW deep in thought - how can I blame the f***ing apprentice for that one?

Just wash your hands of the whole thing then.

Reply to
Unbeliever

2 + 2 = frozen up. HTH (Happy to help).

Reply to
Mr Pounder

yes. It is

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Bastard plastic bag blocking the hopper. Just borrowed some steps from the neighbours.

Reply to
ARW

The apprentice must know where you live...

Reply to
S Viemeister

Had he learnt anything then he would know that you should use expanding foam.

Reply to
ARW

How does that stop the pipes draining into the hopper and the hopper then overflowing?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

could be, its been that cold here, but It kept running slowly then suddenly cleared.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

-2 degC where you are.

0 degC where I am.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Keeps the hopper full overnight so it can freeze and then that blocks the pipe? (Assuming the ends of the pipes are below the top of the hopper - if they end above it, I can't see how it would (not) work either.)

Reply to
Alan Braggins

Just had a blocked bathroom sink. Bath draining all right, hopper clear. I had forgotton that (for some strange reason) the sink outlet pipe goes all the way down to the drain where the hopper's pipe empties. Think one of the kids left a tap slightly on last night. Ran hot water down the bath and it got warm enough to clear it without getting hands dirty!

Reply to
Bob Eager