Hot water too hot

Our hot water has suddenly become scalding.

I'm assuming the likely candidate in the Sunvic tank stat?

If you turn it up to about 75 you can hear a click and the Sunvic Unishare thingy starts to whirr, it clicks again at about 50 and the Unishare clicks again.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Or the motorised valve is sticking open.

Reply to
harry

That'll be his Unishare thingy.

't figure out quite what an C2 rated capacitor is, but hay, my background is electronics, not plumbing.

Reply to
Graham.

The rads are still hot? I assume if the valve is sticking, they would be cold?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

My experience is that the valve doesn't always close properly, even it it moves and isn't stuck.

I've also come across rubber flaps and balls having wear lines for whatever reason allowing hot water to pass through the closed port.

Reply to
Fredxx