Kitchen Corner Unit problem

I am fitting a kitchen at the moment, just putting

up a corner wall cupboard. (It's supposed to be a 625mm unit but for some reason it measures 617mm?). There are two hangers, left and right corners and it's going into a non-square corner.

I have placed it in position and marked the side panel positions on the wall. Hanging brackets now afixed to wall and cabinet is nicely in position ready to be levelled.

Thing is, as I release the cabinet it starts to rotate. Bottom edge coming

up towards me and top edge closest to wall moving away downwards.

I assume this is due to the out of square walls. However, even if the walls

were square the cabinet would still want to rotate.

Have I done something wrong here? Anyone else experienced this?

Should I just fix a batten to the wall at the base of the cabinet and screw into it from the inside?

Any advice gratefully received.

Reply to
boondocker

I'd say yes. Does anyone have actual square corners in their house. Recently needed to brace a baton against the wall at the corner, made a lovely square joint and offered it to the wall, and ys, it wont go in cos the wall has a slight acute angle compared to what is a true 90 degreees. makes you wanna spit.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , Brian Gaff writes

I have used *mirror* hangers for corner cupboards but this only works if there is a strong central spine to fix into.

A couple of battens screwed to the wall will take the weight and be hidden by the pelmet.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Thanks for replies.

I thought the whole point of wall cupboards was that they were counter-balanced against the wall on which they are hung.

Corner units not having a 'spine' place undue stress on the unit hangers unless some other support method is used as well.

If I relied on fitting the adjacent cabinets to keep the corner unit in place I would be constantly thinking that it would be trying to push it's way out of the corner!

I suppose once all the doors, shelves and contents are fitted/added and all the units are screwed together then the load is spread across them all.

It still amazes me that they don't fall off the wall!

Especially with some of the crap wall fixings used to secure into block walls.

Reply to
boondocker