Subject Author Posted Replies

Do I need an earth electrode?
At the moment, I have a TNS earthing system at home via sheath cable. The Ze measured at the supply of the house is 37 Ohms, when it should be below 0.8 Ohm As a consequence, I am going to convert to...
20
20

TD Line quality
I need to purchase four consumer units and 25 RCBOs I see good prices for the TD Line make, 'TD Line Circuit Protection - Wiring Accessories - Metal Clad - Metal Boxes' ( Is this brand of good quality...
1
1

OT Apprentice wages
They will rise from 2.65 per hour to 2.68 per hour. That's a whole 1.20 a week extra for working a 40 hour week. Would you still want your child to take an apprenticeship?
117
117

Makita jigsaw at wickes 99.99 & 29 free blades
Just bagged a bargain at wickes- Makita 4350ct with 29 free Makita blades, all in placcy box £99.99 Cheers Jim K

This week's DIY
First job mow the area where a swimming pool will be installed ... someday. Done with the tractor so that didn't take long. Then mow the lawn. That was made "interesting" when the blade broke with a...
33
33

sanding decking ?
Not quite correct title .... Just put down the last board on a decking project: Will be treating all wood with Liberon clear Decking Oil, just a thought, the first boards went down 3 weeks ago and are...
3
3

DeWalt Chuck stuck open
I opened the chuck on my DeWalt DW106 Drill all the way and now it won't close. I can't turn it like usual,not even with vise grips, and so I can't get it to close back down. Any suggestions?
7
7

Re: O.T. Fracking ...
But it was a splendid rant. Bill
16
16

Re: Sat Nav V Smart phone.
[Snip] and being in a steel framed building, where reception is almost impossible, eats up battery life.
1
1

Running cables behind (perpendicular to) plaster coving - is it possible?
I need to run chases for a light switch and power socket (in separate locations) from first floor down to ground floor. The ceiling at ground floor has plaster coving (approx 4" profile). Is it...
6
6

Decking mistakes?
I have got a chippy in to do some decking and after the first afternoon I'v e had a chance to have a look at the framework. A couple of things don't lo ok 100% First I was expecting the framework to...
17
17

OT ish Kids!
Granddaughter (10) has a stunt scooter. Part of the fun seems to be 'customising' it - mainly wheel changes. Gramps house is the ideal place to do so, having easy access to tools. The granddaughter is...
36
36

Extension lead safety in garden?
Please, what is current opinion on use of extension leads in the garden? Focus of attention is a 650W electric hedgecutter plugged via a 30m extensi on lead into a 13A socket on a house 30A ring...
11
11

Landlord says flat is not clean enough.
Someone moving out of rented flat, has cleaned it; but landlord is looking to charge and take some of the original deposit money because they say it is not clean enough. Friends say take photographs...
3
3

Landlord is saying you have not cleaned enough
Someone moving out of rented flat, has cleaned it; but landlord is looking to charge and take some of the original deposit money because they say it is not clean enough. Friends say take photographs...
13
13