OK, where are ...

- The packet of Wera PH2 diamond coated screwdriver bits?

and

- The chuck from my spare mains drill which I took off to put a polishing mop on, and have now lost? (Why in the name of Ghod did I not put it in the carrying case for my primary mains drill, which is where I keep all my drill bits and bobs???)

Reply to
Huge

Well, perhaps they were left on an occasional table, and w all know most of the time they are obviously not tables. All you need to know is what they are and you can look there!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

They'll be down the back of the sofa. Failing that, it'll be the last place you look, even if it's the umpteenth time you've looked there.

Reply to
John Williamson

SHE has moved them. That's what they do.

Reply to
ARW

In message , ARW writes

Yes!

The question is *did you remove the chuck in her territory or yours*. Remembering that her territory extends to all parts of the house except a small zone near the computer and may even include the garage/shed if the waste bins live there.

Asking what she did with it is accusative and a more productive approach is to ask in which drawers she normally stores non-domestic items.

During your search be aware the item may be wrapped. The wrapping will not be related to the item but simply the nearest salvaged plastic or paper bag.

An alternative approach is to consider the activity intended for the polishing mop. Was this car/workshop/furniture/floor/neighbour related which might lead to where you were at the time.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

They're _on top_ of the shed roof / set of shelves / wardrobe / kitchen unit where you were working when you had to change the chuck for your drill. (We _told_ you that polishing the shed roof was going a bit far!)

Reply to
Another John

THey must be with my new hack saw - can't find that anywhere either.....

Reply to
GMM

Naah, there's a claw hammer on the house roof from repairing some lead flashing. The guys cutting the hedges told me. But no drill chuck.

Reply to
Huge

They'll be where you left them.

If I had a penny for each time that nugget's been dispensed . . .

Reply to
RJH

They will be where your wife put them.

Reply to