Screwdrivers

As I was struggling to get my B&D Professional drill apart at the weekend to replace the power cord (fortunately, the conductor I could see the copper of was the neutral...) I suddenly realised that the screwdriver I was using was (i) knackered & (ii) probably 30 years old (and cheap to start with).

So, I'm going to treat myself to some new screwdrivers. But is it worth getting ones with exchangeable tips? The Wera diamond coated ones I bought for my (crap) DeWalt electric screwdriver are brilliant.

Reply to
Huge

Wera bits are nice, but in this case IMHO, no its handy to have some "normal" drivers that fit into narrow gaps with screws recessed at the ends etc. All the interchangeable ones usually impose a certain extra girth for the bit holder that spoils this.

Reply to
John Rumm

Bloody good point - thank you.

Reply to
Huge

Besides which if a cheap screwdriver lasted you 30 years when are you going to have to change the bits?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I find these