Bit Holder for Makita

You chaps seem to talk more about Makita than our US equivalent group, so . . .

I just bought a Makita 18V Li-Ion Drill. My previous drill had a built-in bit holder. This drill comes with no bit holder. How do others solve this problem short of carrying a tin of bits with you when you use the drill?

Reply to
jim evans

By carrying a small case of diamond bits in the Makita drill case... say something like:

can be transferred to a pocket if a selection of bits is required on the move.

(My Makita does actually have a couple of built in bit holders, but I don't usually use them since they are only easy to use with longer bits than my normal ones).

Reply to
John Rumm

I have a 'first response' toolbag that I take into most jobs. Contains 2 x drill drivers & default tools and one of these;

The Medway Handyman

Thanks for the replies. I have a couple different style drill totes, but my previous drill could carry 7 driver bits (no drills) integral to the drill So, I could just pick up the drill and usually have what I needed for driving screws or nuts.

Reply to
jim evans

Never seen one like that, did they clip on or was there a compartment on the drill somewhere?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman