Hex bit holder problem

I have three or four bit holders similar to this one:-

One of them releases the bit by pulling the sleeve back towards the drill that it's mounted in, the others release the bit by pulling the sleeve away from the drill.

I find the 'pull it towards the drill' type *much* easier to use as it can be done by the hand that's holding the drill. OK others may disagree but this is what works for me.

I want to buy a couple more that work the same way as the one I like but how do I find out whether they do? I have not a clue where I bought the ones I have now and anyway I certainly didn't record which was which! :-)

So any pointers to ones which work the way I want would be very welcome. (I'm pretty sure that Wera ones work the wrong way for me).

Reply to
Chris Green

I can only help you by narrowing it down - both the Erbauer you linked and the Wera 889/4/1 K Universal Rapidaptor both work by pushing the collar away from the drill. Which I quite like as it goes - hold the chuck in one hand and use thumb and forefinger to push and release.

Reply to
RJH

My Wera rapidapter does ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

My older version of this Bosch 32 Bit Set

is "pull" -- but a review says "push"?

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

I'd agree - I also have both types .... pull towards is more intuitive.

Reply to
rick