Looking for a bit holder like one I have already

I have a really nice little 'snap in' bit holder for hex bits that I use in my cordless drill. I want to get a couple more the same but I can't find any nearly as good at the moment.

I have posted some pictures of the one I like (and want more of) and also of a few 'not as good' ones that I thought might be what I wanted.

The pictures are at:-

The first two pictures (...62 and ...63) are of what I want, in the drill and out of it.

The second two pictures (...64 and ...65) show, in order from left to right:-

A Wera bit holder, quite expensive and has a nice feel *but* the latch works the wrong way round - you have to pull the sleeve 'forwards' (i.e. towards the pointy end, away from chuck) to release the bit. It is also slightly fatter.

A Siegen bit that I just bought, quite nice but doesn't feel so solid and is a bit fatter which can be a nuisance in some situations.

The bit I want to get more of the same if I can.

I really thought the Wera one was going to be what I wanted but it's just very awkward to get the bit out. It's much more natural and

*easier* to pull the sleeve back towards the drill when removing a bit. It's also quite expensive, over £10, which seems quite a lot for a simple device like this. At least the Siegen one was much cheaper, just £2.xx for two of them, the short one in the pictures and a longer one.
Reply to
Chris Green

Just to note that my Makita impact driver has the same arrangement - push the sleeve forwards to release the bit.

Possibly designed that way so that if you drive in a counter sunk screw to the depth of the driver bit you don't lose the bit by having the collar pushed back.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Yes, I've got one of those and it annoys me on that too! :-)

It would have to be a very deeply countersunk screw to do that surely. I use 50mm bits for preference anyway.

Using 25mm bits in the Makita makes it very clumsy IMHO, you can't see what's happening because the driver body masks the screw head and bit. It's one of the reasons that I use a bit holder and want a slim one, it makes the whole thing much more like an 'ordinary' screwdriver where you can actually see what's going on at the important place where the screwdriver engages with the screw.

Reply to
Chris Green